Me and a few guys signed up for some "Garage Band Jam" Thing at a music school, and the teacher thought we were really good so now the school is paying for Recording Time, and we Might be playing a few gigs and Get on T.V sometime! Im really excited about this. hell the singer has even had dealings with Hilary Duffs people.

Anyone else have any storys of how they Ended up getting gigs/ recording in odd ways?
um.. no.. actually we kind of have a really bad luck with all of this. we search and search and never get anything....

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
No real trickery to it, as long as you know people.
A good promoter, for example.
hug your local pug dealer!
yeah actually my bandmate and i were playing at Guitar Center and this random guy popped up out of nowhere and asked us if we wanted to play at open mic night at his bar, its pretty cool since we're only like 15
Quote by jsa1031
yeah actually my bandmate and i were playing at Guitar Center and this random guy popped up out of nowhere and asked us if we wanted to play at open mic night at his bar, its pretty cool since we're only like 15

Thatd be cool, Was it a Good gig?
Quote by Tubyboulin
Thatd be cool, Was it a Good gig?

we didn't play it yet, but i hope it will be because the guys band was pretty good
Quote by Kinners_11
My friend and i started a band about a year ago, and are just about to start gigging, and recording

www.myspace.com/watch4traces

were only 14 and 13 so don't be to harsh but heres our music please check it out

I like the shameless self- promotion. I also don't understand why you're being apologetic in advance. If you think your music sucks, then you don't have any business putting it on the internet. If you think it's good, then don't give people the idea that it sucks by telling them to be nice.

Anyway, you're decent enough.