Today i was playing several amps at Guitar Center. I know tube amps are the best sounding but i'm having trouble finding a decent one in my price range. which is about $300-350

Now i have been wanting to do small gigs like say coffee shops or some local places that have a PA system. My genre is like pop/blues/jazz. Like John Mayer, SRV, Hendrix,...

But the one i found that i like a lot is the Fender Super Champ XD.

I wasn't too impressed with the Palominos but i didn't get long to play it.
I do have a nice overdrive pedal, but i mainly just use it for a little boost in solos. I'm not really into distortion. I also play a Fender Standard Telecaster. Right now i just have a little direct box that has amp settings on it and it sounds terrible so i'm really looking for a good solution.

So my overall question is: Would the Fender Super Champ XD be enough watts to play in my situation? or is there a better solution?
Woohoo.
Last edited by Iplayblues at Feb 23, 2008,
I don't think 15 watts valve has enough headroom for cleans...You want to be looking more about 30 watts.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
So what would be the cheapest 30 watt tube amp that would still be good?
Woohoo.
Go for a used Peavey Classic 30 if you can. They're very nice amps for your style.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Have you checked out the Fender Pro Jr.? Sure, it'll be overdriven at gigging volumes, but it's an overdrive that would sound absolutely mint for Mayer and SRV.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'll look for a Peavey Classic 30 but i also like that Pro Junior. I'll go play some more tomorrow.
Woohoo.
yeah im thinking that the classic 30 will be your best bet. try and save up an extra 200 or so, or else your gonna have to go used
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
Quote by Yngwi3
I don't think 15 watts valve has enough headroom for cleans...You want to be looking more about 30 watts.

picking dynamics are your friend in these situations
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com