Hey guys, I've been playing for about 11 months, close on a year. And untill now, i've really loved every minute of my guitar playing. But lately, i've sort of lost my connection to my guitar, and I don't know why.

I mean I really do love to play, and I love the style of John Frusciante, and Slash, which are very different, but yet extraordinary.

I just wanted to know, if anyone else has experience as sort of absence of joy for their guitar.

Thanks guys.
try a more advanced style of playing.. try some fast metal riffs
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
I've never experienced that, but I'd suggest trying to learn something like Freebird (by ear, not from a tab, and improvise over anything you don't figure out), or improvising something over a long, but simple, chord progression.

That way you can play however you want, and be expressive, which I think would help get some of the passion back.
Ok thanks alot guys, I might try and go for a theory side, learning some scales, and just improvising over them
I can also advertise the joy of having a little time off. I've been studying music for 6 years now and when i graduate (in about 10 weeks) i'm putting all my guitars away for a week or so. If you don't want to play don't force yourself, life is too short. If you truly love music it'll draw you back after a bit and you'll fall in love with it again.