Yet another problem thread. Anyway, whenever i try to use Reaper to record more than one track at the same time, it shuts itself off...anyone have any solutions?
Are you using XP?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

It could be that its using too much CPU so it shuts itself down. Thats what it sounds like anyway.
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
Quote by grooveytigerrr
It could be that its using too much CPU so it shuts itself down. Thats what it sounds like anyway.

Anyway i can cut it down?
Well it uses what it uses.
Try recording just one track if you can.

What are the pc specs? Ram and so on

I would check the Reaper help forums, or connect to their live support channel, where you can IM directly with some of the most helpful people I have ever talked to. To me it sounds like you are overloading the CPU, but thats just my guess.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Okay, I dont think its a CPU overload because i was running the task manager, and when i started recording two tracks simultaneously, reaper said that it needed to shut down and send an error report blah blah blah as soon as i hit record. But the CPU usage didnt go above 80%...im guessing over 100% would be an overload, right?

I even turned down the CPU usage settings on my interface, but nothing happened.
If it sends up the error message then its probably not CPU usage after all.
Have you tried uninstalling it and putting it back on?

Quote by grooveytigerrr
If it sends up the error message then its probably not CPU usage after all.
Have you tried uninstalling it and putting it back on?

Yeah I did that...but i installed the same version...ill try installing a past version...if i can find one
So i asked on the Reaper forums yesterday and no reply...whats going on?!?!
Things move more slowly over there than they do here. I suggest you hit up their IRC chat room.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
Things move more slowly over there than they do here. I suggest you hit up their IRC chat room.

Okay, ill do that

Sorry, but how do you get to it?