Anyone have a good tutorial on how to route pickup cavities? I have access too all sorts of tools and I'm a pretty good woodworker. I'm planning to build my first guitar, but I don't see how I would route the cavities.

Thanks for anyone who helps.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
okay, center line your guitar body. buy the pickup templates from ebay, type in "guitar template" they are like 5.00 each. get a router, a router bit with a bearing on it. you will route the pickups 3/4'' deep...if you have a tremolo you will route it 5/8 deep/ keep in mind your finish sanding on the surface of the guitar, so you want to route 3/4'' + 1/32 of an inch(approx loss of surface due to inish sanding).

get a template, fin the center line on the template, line it up with the centerl ine on the body, and go for it.
Quote by LP Addict
okay, center line your guitar body. buy the pickup templates from ebay, type in "guitar template" they are like 5.00 each. get a router, a router bit with a bearing on it. you will route the pickups 3/4'' deep...if you have a tremolo you will route it 5/8 deep/ keep in mind your finish sanding on the surface of the guitar, so you want to route 3/4'' + 1/32 of an inch(approx loss of surface due to inish sanding).

get a template, fin the center line on the template, line it up with the centerl ine on the body, and go for it.

Thanks, I have templates already, I just needed some info on the process.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?