ive been listening to solo players (or whatever there called) like joe satriani. anyone kno any really good players like him????
eric johnson, vinnie moore, PAUL GILBERT, jason becker, marty friedman, michael romeo, yngwie malmsteen, john petrucci, steve vai, tony macalpine

those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head
Top lel.
Quote by sidvicious182
frusciante

no
Quote by _BucketHead_

no

Quote by the memory
eric johnson, vinnie moore, PAUL GILBERT, jason becker, marty friedman, michael romeo, yngwie malmsteen, john petrucci, steve vai, tony macalpine

those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head

yes
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
BUCKETHEAD is my favorite. And he is one of the best, and probably the best at tapping.

Others are:
Paul Gilber, Jason becker, Marty Friedman, Chris Impillerteri, Michael Angelo Batio, STEVE VAI (similar to satriani), Yngwie Malmsteem, Me (amazing guitarist lol), Jennifer Batter, Michael Romeo.

Different but in my opinion the best guitarists out of any genre, technique and music wise include Paco de Lucia, Nino Miguel, and Al di Meola.
Quote by bi-ah!
no

no

yes

If you don't rate Buckethead as a really good player, then it's more than obvious you haven't even bothered to watch him play. He had lessons with Paul Gilbert, and in my opinion is definitely on par with him
i'm kinda undecided about bucket head, sure some of his songs are pretty decent, but sometimes i find him unlistenable like hes just playing noise or something

yes hes talented, but NOT on par with paul gilbert imo
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
i'm kinda undecided about bucket head, sure some of his songs are pretty decent, but sometimes i find him unlistenable like hes just playing noise or something

yes hes talented, but NOT on par with paul gilbert imo

Rubbish. He's on the same level as gilbert, without a doubt. They have completely different styles but they're definitely on the same level.

Another excellent guitarist is Andy Timmons. He's signed to Steve Vai's label and is quite unknown.
i said imo...

because sometimes i feel some of his songs are just noise
he is talented though, but i think paul gilbert is better

personal preference and therefore not "rubbish"
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
i said imo...

And every song on most of his albums sound exactly the same.

He's got a few good songs, but his albums are always weak...
Guthrie Govan, Scott Henderson, etc.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by the memory
i said imo...

Forget about the music (that is personal preference), TECHNICALLY Buckethead is among the best out there
Quote by the memory
i said imo...

You haven't listened to much Buckethead, have you?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
You haven't listened to much Buckethead, have you?

I doubt they have. He has a dozen or so albums and they are so diverse it's unbelievable. He does it all, from heavy rock to soft mellow songs with feeling. He can play insanely fast, but it's not what he's all about. He can mix it up, from fast to slow.

I can't believe people would dare say Buckethead isn't good, then list Malsteem as a great player. Now his songs all sound like the same. All he's good at is playing fast.
Quote by _BucketHead_

I can't believe people would dare say Buckethead isn't good, then list Malsteem as a great player. Now his songs all sound like the same. All he's good at is playing fast.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, and you're sort of barking back the same thing "the memory" barked out.

But any who,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b-7-rAsI-gc

Case and point.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R