i decided to forget about buying a les paul and blow what savings i have on gear.
here's what i already own:

1. peavey classic 30
2. ibanez sa220
3. WD7 weeping demon
4. digitech metal master
5. digetech rp350
6. mxr wylde overdrive

i know i already need to buy a decent mic, but i don't want to spend too much on that. as far as suggestions, i'll take pretty much any, as i don't really have a specific goal here. i just realized that i'd be better off getting a more broad gear collection than buying another guitar. if anyone wants to suggest something they think everyone should have, or wants to recommend something they've got, go right ahead. i need BROAD suggestions.
I say if you don't need it don't buy it.

Sell the RP and the Metal Master and buy a better distortion.
well i do need SOMETHING, because i'm not satisfied with what i've got. all i can do is change the tone of my amp, or have crappy tones from the rp350 (which i need for a direct input into my computer.)

regardless, the thread's not here for dispute over my reasoning. post something you think is good or don't bother.
shure sm-57 for a mic?
you use the rp350 to use with your comp right now right? so if you got a mic, possible sell that and the metal master?
look at a new distortion pedal
look at a new multi effects, if i may suggest, look at Line 6 and Boss OR in stead of a multi effects, look at some good analog pedals.
Delay (boss DD-3 is good), Chorus (Small Clone or used Boss CE-2), and I wouldn't mind a good phaser, but I don't know what's good. I agree, sell the Metal Master and maybe try an OD into your gain channel on the classic 30, but I've heard mixed reports about it's usability for metal with an OD.

Personally I don't even use any effects, just guitar into my Mark IV. I could have bought a ton of crap with the money that I used to buy my C-7 Hellraiser and amp, but I'm happier with just pure good tone and beautiful guitar that plays amazingly.
sell
digitech metal master
digetech rp350
mxr wylde overdrive

buy
Fulltone OCD
Shure SM57
Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini
Electroharmonix Small Chorus
MXR script or EVH phase 90

That will give you a good recording setup, and some other good efx
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
well i do need SOMETHING, because i'm not satisfied with what i've got. all i can do is change the tone of my amp, or have crappy tones from the rp350 (which i need for a direct input into my computer.)

regardless, the thread's not here for dispute over my reasoning. post something you think is good or don't bother.

If you're interested at all, i think the direction your headed with your thread won't produce the results you want. Debating your reasoning might be more productive, but feel free to carry on.
Quote by Chinomaster182
If you're interested at all, i think the direction your headed with your thread won't produce the results you want. Debating your reasoning might be more productive, but feel free to carry on.

perhaps you have something. however, debating why i want something won't do much good, because in a few weeks to a month, those reasons will be different. it's not like i'm looking for something to get a good metal tone, or a good classic rock tone, or anything like that. i'm just looking for different things to look into for different desires i'll have in the future.

and i can't really sell anything. i don't have an ebay account or a paypal account or anything. besides, i'm not really disappointed with any of the things i have now, i just need more.
boss gt8
Boss EQ-20
Zak wylde cry baby
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.