which amp could i get a KISS tone out of?

my budget can extend from $1500 AUS - $2000 AUS which is 1,386 USD - 1,848 USD

So what amp should i get / try out

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Feb 23, 2008,
Marshall JCM900. It's what Ace uses.

Or a JCM800 would work too. Any Marshall head with a master volume, with all knobs including volume cranked to 10, and your guitar tuned down 1/2 step. Thats how to get the Ace Frehly tone. And most other rock like that
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
marshall jcm 900 slx its what i have and i get a really nice kiss tone out of it and its what kiss used on their first reunion tour
Quote by Lespaulman547at
marshall jcm 900 slx its what i have and i get a really nice kiss tone out of it and its what kiss used on their first reunion tour

wow youve just answered my question then thankyou lol

EDIT= Where would i buy heads i wouldnt want to buy from ebay? have there been any reissue's i could buy? also if im going to buy the JCM900 which cab should i buy

EDIT2=would the JCM800 cut it ? like do what the 900 can do

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Feb 23, 2008,
peavey windsor??
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
peavey windsor??

How big is this amp

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
How big is this amp

You can get get it as a 120 watt head or a studio version which is a 15 watt combo.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
You can get get it as a 120 watt head or a studio version which is a 15 watt combo.

eww 120 watt head lol eww and a 15 watt thats put that out of the question tbh i only want 100max head and im gonna get the marshall 1960A Cab

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

thered probably be no significant difference in 100 and 120 watts.
from what ive heard, the windsor is like a jcm800, but with no clean tones worth mentioning, but if thats not a problem, its so cheap you could get that and maybe a 2x12 cab and attenuator for cranked tone for less money than a jcm800 stack.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by KISSguitarist
eww 120 watt head lol eww and a 15 watt thats put that out of the question tbh i only want 100max head and im gonna get the marshall 1960A Cab

There is very, very little difference between 100 watts and 120. People overestimate how much of a volume difference wattage makes. The biggest change is the amount of headroom.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
There is very, very little difference between 100 watts and 120. People overestimate how much of a volume difference wattage makes. The biggest change is the amount of headroom.

mmmm i see i just have had bad experiances with peavey i have a rage 158 and it has alot of problems and i played a few at my local music store one of the speakers blew and i was on like volume 3 i think it was the blues master

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Check out the prices of Marshall's where you are. I think you'll find the Peavey is a more affordable option. There's virtually no difference between 100W and 120W, and Peavey has a strong reputation for making a solid product despite your unfortunate experiences.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Check out the prices of Marshall's where you are. I think you'll find the Peavey is a more affordable option. There's virtually no difference between 100W and 120W, and Peavey has a strong reputation for making a solid product despite your unfortunate experiences.

thats not a problem really i found a 900 aus dollar Marshall JCM900 in the paper so it looks good and also i might get the cab which costs 1100 but about 600 2nd hand

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2