It is a pickup selector NOT a toggle Switch, but the pickup selector is a three way.
Is the pickup selector the same as a toggle switch? What's the difference between a toggle switch, and a three way pickup selector?

So I plan on buying this guitar, I was just wondering. I know that toggle switch works as a kill switch, as long as it has two volumes. How about pickup selector does that work too? For example, a guitar that has two pickups and two volumes knobs. Will the pickups selector be able to act as kill switch, if it is a three way switch pickup selector? Or should I just replace the pickup selector with a toggle switch?
Thank you in advance
Last edited by zizkio46 at Feb 23, 2008,
yes
i do it on my les paul and it works
i turn down the volume all the way on the neck Pup and toggle away and it works

So... YES IT WILL WORK
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Toggle switch = 3 way pickup selector.

exactly
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I think you should be able to just use it like a killswitch if you turn one of the volumes down.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by tkajr7
yes
i do it on my les paul and it works
i turn down the volume all the way on the neck Pup and toggle away and it works

So... YES IT WILL WORK

I always do this, mainly for when i'm teaching a student. A quick flick and you're sound is dead. It's great.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Sorry to clarify this, because the guitar cost so much and i have to order it. So a three way switch, that is NOT a toggle switch will act as a kill switch to.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Turn one pup's volume all the way down, and the other on normal.

Also works as a wah pedal with tone.

hmmm never thought of trying that... mostly because I just realized I only have one tone nob lol.