So I have $377 I can spend at the moment, and I have already made a shopping list of things I want and need (I'm shopping at Musiciansfriend.com, but if you think I can get the stuff cheaper elsewhere, tell me):

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal - $69.99
DigiTech Whammy Pedal - $199.95
Some kind of pickup - $the rest of it, lol

I need some help on the pickups. I want a new bridge pickup (humbucker) for my Ibanez RG350EX. I play thrash, instrumental, experimental, rock (and hard rock), progressive and that kind of stuff... I also use a Line 6 PODxt Live, if you need to know that as well.
I want a similar sound as Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, but which can also get for example Dave Mustaine's sound.
I don't know much about pickups, but I have been looking at a DiMarzio Evolution Pickup, and some EMG pickups.

Any tips?

Also give me other suggestions on the effect pedals as well.

Thank you!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
emg has some very good passive pickups designed to imitate actives,and you can get a good deal on them.my experience is emg owns
I really don't like the original Crybaby, I'd look into a different wah if I was you.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by athlete1
emg has some very good passive pickups designed to imitate actives,and you can get a good deal on them.my experience is emg owns

I disagree. EMG's active pickups are great, and I use them in my LTD...but their passive pickups arent that great, IMO. I would rather buy a passive pickup from a company thats known for their passive pickups, like Seymour-Duncan or Dimarzio.
Quote by Axeman99
I really don't like the original Crybaby, I'd look into a different wah if I was you.

+1, maybe some used wah with your budget.

I disagree. EMG's active pickups are great, and I use them in my LTD...but their passive pickups arent that great, IMO. I would rather buy a passive pickup from a company thats known for their passive pickups, like Seymour-Duncan or Dimarzio.

Also +1. Except im not sure if you can get brands like seymour duncan, dimarzio or emg at 50$ each. With that budget i'd buy a pair of Rockfield Mafias. I like them better then the other expensive pickups myself.
Looks like I'm next to jump on the 'don't-get-a-Crybaby' bandwagon.
They're not exactly bad, but in every way shadow of their former selves. At that price I'd get a Vox or for Satch/Vai styles maybe a Morley.

I find pickups depend a great deal on what amp you'll be putting them through...care to enlighten us? As a general recommendation Bare Knuckles are hard to beat, though the Evo, PAF Pro, Breed, Fred, JB or '59 could all work very well in the right circumstancs.
K
i like EMG's but for the tone that you want, i wouldn't go near them. try out a Duncan Custom or the Custom 5
My Gear Sucks.

But Hell i'm Proud Of It.

Quote by kyle62
Looks like I'm next to jump on the 'don't-get-a-Crybaby' bandwagon.
They're not exactly bad, but in every way shadow of their former selves. At that price I'd get a Vox or for Satch/Vai styles maybe a Morley.

I find pickups depend a great deal on what amp you'll be putting them through...care to enlighten us? As a general recommendation Bare Knuckles are hard to beat, though the Evo, PAF Pro, Breed, Fred, JB or '59 could all work very well in the right circumstancs.
K

At the moment I use a Marshall AVT100
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by Ghold125
dude, dont you already have a thread like this?

Yeah, but this is old, and I didn't notice I had this up until I used the search bar!
Sorry to bring it up, but this is more of a pickup thread now, lol... Whatever! xD
C4C
(or in my profile!)