Hi,
im making a guitar for my High Certificate, and i was wondering what would be a good body shape. i play punk,grunge and bits of metal. i dont want to do a strat shape because its too generic to me. Any ideas?

Thx
Les Paul? Tele? SG? Explorer? Rhoads? Flying V? The list goes on.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
lol id like to see u make the Xiphos
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Make an axe. Like, a literal double sided axe shape. Or a hatchet, I guess...
try a worlock shape or something if you want to have a known shape
but try to make it as original as possible
i would sudgest you make your own shape that you feel comfortable with (sitting and standing) and something that look cool like V'ish near the and to put between your legs and a explorer type shape at the neck to look cool
go wild!!
Quote by walker-rose
wangcaster

!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Razorback V
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
Razor back styling with a rhoad's overall shape you pick the headstock
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
ewww!!..lol

Quote by s.r.v.
reverse flying v

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by BAoxymoron
Razor back styling with a rhoad's overall shape you pick the headstock

I have been wanting to make something of the sort not sure how to though
A Jazzmaster with no control plates or switches would look nice. I guess a guitar version of a Jazz bass would be cool. A Tele-Strat hybrid would look amaazing, a Tele body with Strat pickups, pickguard, controls, etc. I wanna do one of those, but ill have to wait a while.
if you're into grunge you definitely gotta go with one of the offset fender shapes, jaguar is one of my favorite looking guitars ever, so thats my suggestion. i think mustangs are ugly, but thats a possibility too if you like it.
Just if people where curious, I have decided to try and make the Ibanez Talman shape
Quote by qotsa1998
A Jazzmaster with no control plates or switches would look nice. I guess a guitar version of a Jazz bass would be cool. A Tele-Strat hybrid would look amaazing, a Tele body with Strat pickups, pickguard, controls, etc. I wanna do one of those, but ill have to wait a while.

I saw a fender custom shop one and it looked pretty crap TBH. The pickguard just looked wrong.

TS: Come up with you own design, it isn't overly difficult.

EDIT:

Here's a photo
Last edited by supergerbil at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by supergerbil
I saw a fender custom shop one and it looked pretty crap TBH. The pickguard just looked wrong.

TS: Come up with you own design, it isn't overly difficult.

EDIT:

Here's a photo

I remeber seeing that actually, was basically a funny shaped Strat. Would have preferred to see tele pickguard and bridge with mid+neck strat pickups.

As for the body shape, make something up yourself, and maybe look at other guitars for inspiration. My favorite is the Fernandes Ravelle,which just oozes cool:

And here's one of my own designs: