Page 1 of 2
I was in my bedroom and my mom was gone to the grocery store. I always love to sing my songs with my guitar when I am all alone. So i was doing that. I was pretty much belting out as best as I could trying to be as accurate as I could. My mom walks in (the door wasn't even closed). It was so frigign embarrassing because I am always self conscious about my singing around my family. Has this happened to any of you? It felt like I was naked for some reason....
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah, its happenned to me numerous times.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I was in my bedroom and my mom was gone to the grocery store. I always love to sing my songs with my guitar when I am all alone. So i was doing that. I was pretty much belting out as best as I could trying to be as accurate as I could. My mom walks in (the door wasn't even closed). It was so frigign embarrassing because I am always self conscious about my singing around my family. Has this happened to any of you? It felt like I was naked for some reason....

yah but i was never got caught singing
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
yeah i was the same way for a while...it is kind of embarrassing. But it's good to let people hear you. It helps in the long run.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Yeah, happen to me a lot. And sometimes I find my door was cracked open and I get nervous. lol
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I never sing seriously around people and won't do it unless I know no one will walk in on me...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
yeah, im really nervous about it, and will only sing in front of my best friends, which is a shame because i like to do it.
If you have a balls- out attitude about it, your embarrassment goes away. I used to be very shy about singing, but then I had to sing for my band. I got more and more confident as I sang more and more.
That happens to me a lot.

I usually only sing in the shower, though, so it's hard for anyone to bust me.
The.
all the time mate. I'm complimented on it now, but before I had established my voice properly, or say I was experimenting with some new techniques my dad always used to walk in on me. Seriously, I'd rather him walk in on me wanking, haha.
Quote by lanzaa
yah but i was never got caught singing

Nice english dude.
Anyway, yeah its happened to me. I don't like being a shy person.
i'm a pretty bad singer. i think i'm tone deaf when it comes to singing, very monotone like so i hear. but that doesn't stop me.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I was in my bedroom and my mom was gone to the grocery store. I always love to masturbate to my songs with my guitar when I am all alone. So i was doing that. I was pretty much belting out as best as I could trying to be as accurate as I could. My mom walks in (the door wasn't even closed). It was so frigign embarrassing because I am always self conscious about my masturbation around my family. Has this happened to any of you? It felt like I was naked for some reason....

Fixed .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I have trouble with that. My band was recording our first song, and I'm the lyricist/guitarist. I started in loud, looked around, and just started mumbling, "Maybe one of you guys should do it." Unfortunately our bassist tries to sound like Tom Delonge, so we had to scrap the recording.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
People always tell me I should sing. They say, "You know, you should just start singing while playing the guitar". Sometimes I go to parties with my parents to play guitar because they want me to, and they always try and force me on the mic. Maybe one day I might be fine doing background work like Eddie Van Halen, who is not known for his singing skills but is an awesome guitarist. I don't think I'll ever be good enough to be a lead singer, but I'm fine with that. My parents like to make fun of me when they catch me singing, and I hardly like singing in front of my friends when we're driving around and whatever.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
well yeah, I cant say I was embarassed tho. tell me your own mother at least liked your singing tho...
Yep. its happened, along with headbanging..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Happens to me too. I'm really self conscious about my voice.

Let's all post us singing! so we can see if we have any reason to be self conscious
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
yeah i have the same problem. in the shower, in the car, basically anywhere i dont feel like im putting on a show, i do fine. in fact i think i have a nice voice. but like i tried to sing for my friends band, and we were doing a cover of 'under the bridge'. i couldnt do anything except mumble and fidget lol.
I'm not a selfconcious singer since i was in glee club at the school i got expelled from. singing everyday in chapel cures you of that. I sing all the time, along to whatever I'm listening to (radio, cd, whatever)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Eh, I sing all the time. I don't sing seriously, I sing jokingly. I don't mind people hearing me anymore.
yea i cant sing for my life so if im caught singing i get REALLY embarassed
to bad i was forced to sing in front of my entire drama class(if i didnt id fail)(as to why sing in drama,we have to be able to sing and act)
just sing along to songs in front of your friends, they wont care (as long as you're not obnoxious). eventually it will go away.

however, head banging in your room while you play guitar will ALWAYS be embarrassing when someone walks in on you.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I've sorta got the opposite problem in that I hate when people listen to me play guitar. And I've heard my voice on tape, and I hate it.

My mom always says that I'm really good, even though I know full well that I often sound like utter ass.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
im always like that around faily. except my dad. but with my friends im aaalways singing stuff. righteous brothers, zepelin alicia keys, everything
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Yeah, that has happened to me once or twice, but I always kind of stop when someone walks in. I usually don't sing too loud, and no one says anything.

I have walked in on some people singing before. One time, I was getting a ride home from school, and at a stoplight, I heard this guy singing loudly and his windows were rolled down. I don't think he was embarrassed or anything, not that it matters though. I also walked into restroom at school once, and a guy who was at a urinal was singing really loudly. He looked at me as I walked in and instantly stopped singing and turned red lol.
Somehow, singing on a stage is never embarrassing at all. It doesn't matter who many is watching; it's all fun ^^

But, I must say I was caught off guard when my mother walked in on me growling VERY loudly (I only growl when I'm alone in the house, or else I'll scare everyone inside )
She looked at me as if I was insane
She doesn't appreciate the fine art, but I'm not going to force it on her either ^^

It's okay to sing normally, as long you aaalmost can reach all the notes
yeah it happens. but it's situations like that where i continue playing but change the words to make fun of the person who seen me. including my mom, and my boss.
^
I'm not really embarrassed around my family, but I don't do so well with friends or even bandmates. I'll sing, but I won't get into it half as much as if I was in the car or home alone.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
i hate singing unless someone else is singing with me. i lose track of where my pitch is and i forget words and it is just awful...
I'm apparently a good singer.

my friends and parents say I am, and I get into musicals. I've recorded just my voice while I'm singing with music, and I hate my voice.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
When I try to sing I always do it somewhere that I won't be heard, or somewhere that if I am heard it won't matter cause it's just random people I'll never see again (IE; sitting in a park etc). If someone does stop I usually just start belting out random stuff (banging on an E chord and yelling about how the city bus raped my dog or somthing) and they go away with that "WTF" look that I love so

Once I got caught headbanging and playing air guitar though when I was 13. I was listening to some Anthrax and going at it, like full on jumping on the furniture, windmilling, spirited headbanging, it was right at the solo, I spin around and there's my twin sister and like 5 of her friends (3 of which were in my class) laughing their collective ass off. I heard about it the rest of the year and into the next
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
to anyone who is self concious when it comes to singing, i've never been a great singer, but i can stay in tune for the most part(or atleast i think i can), but i just started background singing for my band, and i would never sing infront of people than i just sorta started on quiet and u couldn't really tell i was singing, and than i became less self concious, and now i love it i still dont sing infront of parents and stuff but i sang infront of the whole school, and it was fine, but i watched this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7pUR5vGQU

and it makes me sooo stok'd for singing this show just looks so fun to play especially the singing
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
It felt like I was naked for some reason....

+1 on that

I don't know, I can sing on stage, or at band practices, or in cars, or just about anywhere.. but at home, I've gotta be alone. I don't get it.
hug your local pug dealer!
I'm not a fan of singing in front of people.

I really, really hate the sound of my voice - the tone just sounds so icky to me. However, that being said, I am happy to say I can hit notes and that I can sing in tune (95% of the time). I'm not a great singer, but I make do.

Unfortunately I got shafted into being the singer in my band (I really don't want to).
Page 1 of 2