I'm not a vocalist, but my band today was discussing some new covers we want to learn and our singer was saying he can't do some of these we were suggesting, but yet wants to do some new (gay) Linkin Park. Chester to me sings really reallyyy high. So I think he uses it as an excuse, but anyway.

Can you improve your vocal range? Is it possible? If so, how. He was saying he has a breaking point or something and he can't physically make it expand higher, only lower.

Help me out brahs.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Timothym
How does really high singing imply gayness?

I was implying on how I don't like *new* Linkin Park.. I love high voices.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Voice lessons, my friend.

yep. that's the solution
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
yes u can to some extent. but i don't no how. but here are some words of advice, u want ur singer to develope his own style, not to copy another band's vocal style.
tell him to sing along to songs just above his vocal range. he'll get used to those notes after awhile
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by tr3nt

Oh, sorry. As for singing, what to do is to get lessons, and sing a lot.

Aren't any tricks as far as I know.
Quote by Squabblism
yes u can to some extent. but i don't no how. but here are some words of advice, u want ur singer to develope his own style, not to copy another band's vocal style.

Preferring a different range of notes isn't copying another bands style lol.

You can take guitar lessons, but you can practice guitar yourself and get good. Thats kinda what I'm asking.

Quote by tr3nt
I'm not a vocalist, but my band today was discussing some new covers we want to learn and our singer was saying he can't do some of these we were suggesting, but yet wants to do some new (gay) Linkin Park. Chester to me sings really reallyyy high. So I think he uses it as an excuse, but anyway.

Can you improve your vocal range? Is it possible? If so, how. He was saying he has a breaking point or something and he can't physically make it expand higher, only lower.

Help me out brahs.

Gay does NOT equal bad, stupid, or negative. Stupid mother fucker.

Anywho, yes, you can improve your vocal range. Vocal lessons!
Quote by tr3nt

Really I thought all Linkin Park sucked, except for that one song at the end of Transformer. That ones an exception maybe its just because I hear Optimus Primes voice in my head everytime I hear the intro.....
you can improve your range for sure, but theres still a certain point where you can't physically sing in a certain register and your voice will start cracking if you try.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Osiris77
Really I thought all Linkin Park sucked, except for that one song at the end of Transformer. That ones an exception maybe its just because I hear Optimus Primes voice in my head everytime I hear the intro.....

Check out "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora"

It's "Nu-metal" kinda.