Okay, so I've been playing guitar for about 4 years, and I've played a couple of talent shows and what-not and I've learned quite a few songs. But my problem is, I can't pick up my guitar now without playing the intro solo to Fade To Black by Metallica. I know it's an awesome little solo, but that's all I play, and I can't stop. I can't learn anything else, and when I try, I learn part of a riff, then start playing Fade To Black again. I don't know what to do. What do you suggest?
i kinda do the same thing i dont really know many songs and the ones i know are boring. so now all i do is theroy or practise harmonics/ sweeoing stuff like that and i really want to learn some songs.
listen to a song you like a bunch of times then learn it.then that will be all you play.lol
Find something else that you're really interested in learning. Just keep listening to new things until something else grabs your ear. Once it has, learn to play it. That's what I would do.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)