Page 1 of 2
I want a new amp and i'm wondering what is the best one to get. I am also looking at multi effects to plug into the amp so any and all suggestions to get these sounds are helpful.

here are some videos of the sound i want in no particular order:
Arch Enemy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZjiE4Xwus&feature=related

Devildriver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkTTRFg0uw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw92j5uusBg&feature=related

In flames:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FkbvGl-IU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwbyMKIdTMo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3I3i0R_IL4&feature=related

Children Of Bodom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk

As for price range i'd rather wait a year and get the perfect amp/effects then wait a day and get a piece of F*ckinsh*t
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Feb 23, 2008,
If price isnt really a worry, i would suggest a Framus Cobra or Dragon, and as far as effects, um i have no clue.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
why not get an amp with built in effects....... check out the VOX Valvetronix

line 6 would be another example, but I dont like to recommend them...
Quote by piecies_81
why not get an amp with built in effects....... check out the VOX Valvetronix

line 6 would be another example, but I dont like to recommend them...

Cuz amps with effects generally aren't tubes and i like the natural feel of tubes more
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Feb 23, 2008,
by the way my current choices are

All:
Boss Ls2
Boss GT8
Zak Wylde sig Crybaby
Boss EQ-20

Dirty:
Marshall JVM410H
Boss MT-2

clean:
Marshall Vintage modern 2466
Dunlop Jimi hendrix Octavio
-George Will

any suggestion to change anything is welcome
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
by the way my current choices are

All:
Boss Ls2
Boss GT8
Zak Wylde sig Crybaby
Boss EQ-20

Dirty:
Marshall JVM410H
Boss MT-2

clean:
Marshall Vintage modern 2466
Dunlop Jimi hendrix Octavio

That's not a clean pedal by anymeans, it's an octave up and a fuzz.

Also, don't just choose Boss for all your pedal needs, that's silly.
wait do you want 2 amps? clean and dirty? and if you love the sound of tube amps, why ruin it with digital effects?
Quote by s.r.v.
wait do you want 2 amps? clean and dirty? and if you love the sound of tube amps, why ruin it with digital effects?

first off when you mix a clean and a distorted sound the sound gives you a strange feeling of satisfaction (hard to explain) second the digital effects are before the amp so the tube sound is still preserved true some is lost but most remains
-George Will

Quote by the.spine.surfs
That's not a clean pedal by anymeans, it's an octave up and a fuzz.

Also, don't just choose Boss for all your pedal needs, that's silly.

well suggest a good octave pedal plz
-George Will

again any changes to current selection highly welcomed
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
well suggest a good octave pedal plz

EXH Pog, or cheap out for the Boss octaver.

I'm not your bitch, don't demand suggestions.
didn't mean to make it sound like that i just didn't feel like going back and editing it after i had entered it so sorry
-George Will

so does everyone think the rest of the selection is good
-George Will

Quote by xifr
2: What not to do
Don't complain if someone hasn't answered your question in the first couple hours, it's a forum, not a damn chat room. It may just be that no-one knows. It's annoying, and it's happened to me before, but there's nothing you can do about it. If you're really stuck, you could try e-mailing the company for an answer.

don't bump your thread every 10 minutes.

you will lose a lot of tone with multieffects before the amp.
do not get a metalzone.
an octavia is not an octave pedal. its a octavefuzz. its subtle. get a POG If you want pure octave.
do you like shimmery cleans? get a fender for your clean amp if you want real clean cleans
why do you need a multi effects?

and if you do end up with a bunch of crappy boss effects, do yourself a favor and get a truebypass looper so you can avoid their buffers

and learn to use the edit button
Quote by BAoxymoron
so does everyone think the rest of the selection is good

Give us time, you posted twice in 20 minutes.
Not really, if i were you I'd look at getting maybe a higher end high gain amp and maybe HIWATT or Fender for cleans. You'll probably need more gain than that of the Marshall (yes i've played on it many time, i found its high gain channel pretty weak compared to other amps) Perhaps look into Framus, Soldano, Bogner etc. I know what you mean by two amps, it does sound sick. Although with a huge budget you may be able to get a custom made amp that you can use both channels at once.
thx for all the help
and sorry about bumping too often i've never been real patient
-George Will

As far as effects go im really not sure, i suggest you get your hands on a nice compressor (keeley) and get a tonebone AB-Y switcher though..
Quote by nirvallica
Not really, if i were you I'd look at getting maybe a higher end high gain amp and maybe HIWATT or Fender for cleans. You'll probably need more gain than that of the Marshall (yes i've played on it many time, i found its high gain channel pretty weak compared to other amps) Perhaps look into Framus, Soldano, Bogner etc. I know what you mean by two amps, it does sound sick. Although with a huge budget you may be able to get a custom made amp that you can use both channels at once.

My budget caps around $8000 max.
would i still be able to get a custom amp if so what would you suggest
-George Will

I'd say so. I suggest a custom Soldano SLO. I think he makes them. Either way im getting a SLO when i go overseas
But dude, in that price range there are so many great amps. Seriously get out there and try Mesa's, Bogners, Diezel etc. They're all awesome sounding but differently voiced, you just gotta get the one thats right for you.
any preferences on amps so i know what to try out
i personally liked the clips on the Diezel herbert website
-George Will

Honestly i cant help you too much there. I haven't tried out too many high end high gain amps as here in Australia you simply cant. Very few shops stock them. I have tried a SLO (which was awesome), Mesa Dual and Triple Recto, VHT deliverence and a Framus Cobra. All of which i recommend you try out. Personally though, i dont play that heavy music, and i love the Soldano's responsivness, hence why im buying one. But i strongly suggest you try out;
Engl Powerball
Mesa Recto
Diezel herbert and VH4
Soldano SLO
Splawn nitro?
and all other high end amps suggested to you.
Also for clean tones im not sure if you can get them where you live but Ulbrick make BEAUTIFUL amplifiers.
that ulbrick vid on you tube sounded great and it does look cool but would look better with black and a red back light (i assume it is fully customizable right)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=srM0K8NanLw
but they are sold out and the next ones are already sold so i suspect the waiting list is outrageously long
-George Will

They're not sold out over here, i've seen and played them in allans music. Maybe for over seas they would be. Either way they are absolutely beautiful amps. My uncle has one and i plan on that being my set-up when i get the money. Ulbrick for clean and blues and SLO for higher gain rock:-). I gotta save up
i was looking at the arena 120 cuz i wanted an amp that can keep up with my other amp which if custom will definitely be a LOUD HI-HI-HI-GIAN amp
-George Will

Ahh right fair enough. If these amps are miked at a gig you'll be fine with any of the ulbricks.
AE and In Flames = 5150s.
Dunno about Devil Driver.
COB used Lee Jackson preamps with VHT power amps.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
6505 2 of the bands use them
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
thank you for your input but i already no what they play i'm just looking at the particular sounds of those songs and trying to find amps/effects that will give me that sound.
Besides everyone has what makes their sound unique and i want to create that sound for myself not replicate the sound of particular individuals
-George Will

what kind of effects are you looking. of all those screamo videos that i managed to bear through (sorry for my hatred of screaming death metal stuff) i didnt really hear any kind of major effect. all u need is maybe a distortion pedal, a good metal guitar, and a low tuning.
there is a good bit of effects in certain songs especially during choruses and solos
-George Will

and i don't hold you against hating screamo it's your opinion and it won't kill me or bug me for that matter
-George Will

I think roland makes high effect amps.
but dont overdo boss stuff.... their advertisements are brainwashing
i'm looking for tube not solid state
and honestly i think i'm leaning toward boutique and custom amps
-George Will

but do you have any boutique amp companies you like
-George Will

new update is this

Tonebone switchbone*
original crybaby**

Dirty:
Diezel Herbert
Tone bone Hot British

Clean:
Ulbrick Areana 120
EHX Pog***

*thx for this one nirvallica great stuff at tonebone.com
**no conviction here just need a wah wah but couldn't decide which one
***just curious it is tube right doesn't say on website

any changes suggestions are still extremely welcome cuz it will be a while til i can get this stuff
-George Will

Page 1 of 2