I'm reading this fretboard knowledge book and I have a question about penatonic scales. The chapter is going over box patterns and says to start playing the patterns on the sixth string. However, it also says that the patterns can be played in any key, starting on the root note. I'm confused about where to start playing on the scales because the root note doesn't always start on the sixth string. I remember going on this in lessons a long time ago, but I forgot how it works. Any help would be awesome.
u can make it have the root note on the 6th it just mite not be for everyone else...its hard for me to explain...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
u can make the route note were ever u want... the route note is usually the first and last note in yr song and is the scale which you are using
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Read the "learn your theory" link in my sig.

Is that like the only advice you ever give?
Quote by rodyrdz
Is that like the only advice you ever give?
No, but when someone's understanding of theory is extremely flawed and/or incomplete, I suggest they read it and get on the same page as me.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
No, but when someone's understanding of theory is extremely flawed and/or incomplete, I suggest they read it and get on the same page as me.

+1

there's no point wasting time typing out something that someone's already done

TS, read the Crusade articles too, they should be required reading for every member.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com