I bought this 93 fat strat off ebay a few months ago and haven't taken the time to see if this is a real issue:

from the low e-string out it progressively becomes more and more mis-aligned on the neck pickup, less on the center pickup. i think (for whatever reason) the neck pickup is f-spaced and the center is not, so its wider when it should be thinner and vice versa, the pick guard looks like it is cut for them to be in the places they are now. is this a severe problem (when i switch to neck input the high e sounds noticeably fainter)? and is there anyway this can be fixed?
Last edited by frostyllama at Feb 23, 2008,
u can get a new pickguard...i like mirror pgs that way u can blind some ppl lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
you think that would sufficiently fix the problem? after checking out f-spacing it sounds like they are supposed to be on neck or bridge (but not center?); do they make pickguards with f-spacing in center and not on neck?
idk...i never really noticed any problem w/ mine if they r off center...the only thing is if u have like a 5string bass w/ pups for a 4string...my friend has one lol its so quiet on the low b
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "