Any easy way to drop to drop-c without screwing it up. I am already in D-standard so how would I drop one string without messing the others up....? I'm new with the Floyd/Edge setup.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
there r tuners on the bridge n u should be able to adjust using that...it mite take a while tho
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by albinokrikit
there r tuners on the bridge n u should be able to adjust using that...it mite take a while tho

those are only used to fine tune; after you lock the strings up the tuning can alter slightly then use the fine tuners to finish the job, they are not used to tune a whole step
Ibanez RG350ex
Yea..so how do I drop the E-string to C from D lol without screwing up the bridge and the other strings?
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Take off the back plate and screw the screw on the plate that's on the heavy side of the strings 1/4-1/2 turn. Loosen up your locks on the nut, line up all the fine tuners, and sometimes it's a little easier to have the dropped string's tuner up a bit higher than the others. Tune up, it should work.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
I think I can turn that screw without taking the plate off actually, I have Xiphos and I think there's a hole somewhere near there...hm thanks.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by HavokStrife
Take off the back plate and screw the screw on the plate that's on the heavy side of the strings 1/4-1/2 turn. Loosen up your locks on the nut, line up all the fine tuners, and sometimes it's a little easier to have the dropped string's tuner up a bit higher than the others. Tune up, it should work.

Unless the edge III is different from the edge II, it will take way more than 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn. He'll probably have to screw it in a good deal. I had to add a whole extra spring when I went from 9-46 to 10-46, couldn't move it in far enough.
Ahh yes, I'll probably buy either one of those products for easier drop tunings...thanks for the help, thread over.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by GMR5
Yea..so how do I drop the E-string to C from D lol without screwing up the bridge and the other strings?

You can't is the short answer - any tuning change is going to affect all the other strings regardless of what you do. The bridge workes because of the balance of tension between the strings and the springs, if you alter the tension then everything else has to shift to get things balanced again.

The D-Tuna will NOT work with the trem in normal operation and doesn't fit on low profile bridges anyway. A tremol-no will work, but to do it you have to set the bridge to either fixed or dive only mode meaning you can't actually use the trem properly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com