i was listening to the strokes today and i actually kind of enjoyed it. everytime i seen pictures of them i kind of wanted to kick them in the nuts and almost everyone i know whos a strokes fan is a complete douche and an elitist. Hipsters piss me off, they think that theyre form of music is superior and everything else isnt even music.

So what genres/bands do you like the music but ****ing hate the fans

Ill also add most black metal bands to the list, i love black metal music, but the fans/musicians are many times close minded ****s.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
All music basically... fanboys suck.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
It really depends on the fan, not the fanbase. You can't put all of the fans of a certain band in a box; some will be douchebags, and others won't be.

Individualism ftw?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i like some rap, but the majority of the fans seem like douchebags. at least the ones who try to be all "gangster" and tough. usually the white ones that act this way, eventhough they are from a middle class suburban family.
A lot of Indie rock, most people I know who like that type of music seem to think that they are better than everyone else intellectuals, because that genre is "smarter" music as opposed to everything else.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
im just talking about the fanbase as a whole, i know there are strokes fans that are not douchebags and there are Black metal fans that arent close minded. Update: after listening to the strokes for like 5 mins i had to put on some Black Flag (nearvous breakdown EP)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i was listening to the strokes today and i actually kind of enjoyed it. everytime i seen pictures of them i kind of wanted to kick them in the nuts and almost everyone i know whos a strokes fan is a complete douche and an elitist. Hipsters piss me off, they think that theyre form of music is superior and everything else isnt even music.

So what genres/bands do you like the music but ****ing hate the fans

Ill also add most black metal bands to the list, i love black metal music, but the fans/musicians are many times close minded ****s.

I'm a Strokes fan and I'm not a hipster,douche,or elitist .

I hate fans of most Metal bands.They go "Fck Jebus!!!" and I go "Okay,whatever,just let me listen to the band.".Then once again "Fck Jebus!!!" and "*Insert stupid conspiracy*!!!!
Last edited by NewsoftheWorld at Feb 23, 2008,
Every band has bad fans and good fans. There is no "bad fanbase" and "good fanbase" of which you speak.
I love punk, I hate a lot of punk fans. The Strokes are amazing of course.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by MakeItWitChu
All music basically... fanboys suck.

+1

For every single genre out there, there's a bunch of assholes that think whatever they listen to makes them better than everyone else.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I like Led Zeppelin, but I don't like their fans that much.

Even me?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I must say that Death/Black/Insane br00tal viking metal fans that only listen to music that less than 5000 people have heard of other wise its crap kind of people piss me off. Thinking every band that isnt their fav is either over played, over rated, too popular, not br00tal enough.

They should all be lined up against a wall and shot 1939-1945 in germany style.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
hannah montana, jonas brothers, fall out boy, bunch of other bands that everyone hates, but I don't. I just hate the reaction that ppl have towards them. LIke i saw this video of hanna montana, and her fans were all like jumping around with their hands up, and i just thought it was disgusting seeing them act like ****in zombies and start screaming their heads off. but i kinda have a crush on her, even though she's like a brat. and I'll admit that the jonas brothers are kinda hot, but i hate it when girls are like wow they're so hot, cuz it doesn't even matter. Its' about the music, and they don't even make it, I dono why they all have to hold a guitar when they're singing when thers a guy behind them playing along. Pretty much every mainstream band I hate the fans cuz they always think they're so cool cuz they're favourite band is on the radio and that means that they're the best, but i secretly enjoy the music.
Any band that gets huge and the old fans complain about their new found success. Wut is wrong with ur hard work paying off? Old Green Day fans actually bitch cause the band is popular.

Also fans stuck in one era and denounce anyone who likes the new stuff better (TBS and Chiodos fans)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Any band that gets huge and the old fans complain about their new found success. Wut is wrong with ur hard work paying off? Old Green Day fans actually bitch cause the band is popular.

Also fans stuck in one era and denounce anyone who likes the new stuff better (TBS and Chiodos fans)

Damn you for starting a club about my woman!!!!!
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I like Led Zeppelin, but I don't like their fans that much.

ill second you on that. many zeppelin fans think that Led Zeppelin is the best and ONLY good band that ever played. They always bitch about how what people think is music sucks comared to the great Led Zeppelin.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by jeremessmore
football i mean oh music death metal anyone who is a big fan of death metal and is close minded to anything else

nope.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Metallica.

Actually the fans ruined it for me. I can't even listen to it anymore because it reminds me of the fans. Metallica fans think they're the ****ing coolest, and they're not.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Damn you for starting a club about my woman!!!!!

You are annoying, too.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by jeremessmore
football i mean oh music death metal anyone who is a big fan of death metal and is close minded to anything else

ive actually never met anyone like that, most death metal fans i know also like punk, thrash, and NWBHM. Its black metal fans that do that from what ive seen. I also hate the whole "**** jebus, its about the message of satan, not the music" attitude cough*gorgroth*cough. that pisses me off beyond belief. satanism is nothing but christianity with reversed polarity.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Alter Bridge. One of the best performances I've ever seen live, but the fans sucked so ****ing much, I hated it.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
ive actually never met anyone like that, most death metal fans i know also like punk, thrash, and NWBHM. Its black metal fans that do that from what ive seen. I also hate the whole "**** jebus, its about the message of satan, not the music" attitude cough*gorgroth*cough. that pisses me off beyond belief. satanism is nothing but christianity with reversed polarity.

oh well i only really know of one death metal fan and that is my cousin and he is close minded so that leaves a lasting impression