so my epiphone les paul is having either some major pickup issues, volume control issues or pickup-toggle issues... or a mix of both. and i have no idea what the **** is going on

so when i have my pickup switch in the treble position (i think its treble... i thought the problem was because the switch was loose so i tried to tighten it, which ended up turning the switch) it plays normal and fine, when i have the switch in middle position it picks up, only extremely softly, and the volume only changes if i change it on the amp, not my guitar. then when its in rhythem(?) mode, it is silent when my volume knob is at 0 and 10 on my guitar, and as loud as a normal 10 when its at 5...

can anybody tell me what to do to fix this or should i just go to the shop and get them to fix it?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
it's probably the switch. this happens a lot on epis. a new switch is $10.

labor another $20. and if you want to try to look at it urself let me know.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
it's probably the switch. this happens a lot on epis. a new switch is $10.

labor another $20. and if you want to try to look at it urself let me know.

would the confusion of looking at it myself while some text is instructing me be worth it if i could just spend $30 and not have to worry about that?
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
if you have a soldering gun and the will to use it.

but there's also the fact that even if its a loose wire, eventually that switch will need to be swapped out as well. ive swapped like 4 epis switches so far.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ill just get a new switch
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

ok
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62