So, I can do downstroke pinch harmonics pretty well, but I don't know how to do them on an upstroke. Can someone explain how to do it? Thanks.
Just use hold your pick like you would to going down, except move it up. Same effect. At least for me anyways... I use a Jazz III
you can also use your index finger instead, on the other side of the pick.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by Pabli7o
I wouldn't do it, it gives a different sound I'm not looking for.

Do you really really really have to do it upstroke?

I don't know that I have to, but it would give me more versatility.
it's simple when you break it down. the PH works by having the side of your thumb brush the string at the appropriate place as you pick. with a downstroke, pushing the pick thru the string is very natural.

start slow and perform this as a series of separate steps until you get it down. then it'll all run together.

place your thumb on the harmonic point with your pick on the 'downside.' using the pad of your thumb as a pivot point (thus keeping it in place) use your finger and thumb (not wrist) to pick up against the string. if you pick with a closed hand, the motion will be similar to that of squeezing a ball. most of this motion comes from your index finger moving like you're pulling a trigger

if you try and pick from the wrist for this, it'll be harder (doable tho) as it doesn't allow the thumb to be still.

have fun.
Quote by sanchezero
it's simple when you break it down. the PH works by having the side of your thumb brush the string at the appropriate place as you pick. with a downstroke, pushing the pick thru the string is very natural.

start slow and perform this as a series of separate steps until you get it down. then it'll all run together.

place your thumb on the harmonic point with your pick on the 'downside.' using the pad of your thumb as a pivot point (thus keeping it in place) use your finger and thumb (not wrist) to pick up against the string. if you pick with a closed hand, the motion will be similar to that of squeezing a ball. most of this motion comes from your index finger moving like you're pulling a trigger

if you try and pick from the wrist for this, it'll be harder (doable tho) as it doesn't allow the thumb to be still.

have fun.

Thanks. I will try this.