so im looking at Digitechs death metal pedal. Does anyone know if its good or not? Thanks
Dont, you should go for
Boss MT-2
Boss EQ- 20
together there is no better distortion
with/o true tube distortion
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Feb 24, 2008,
Damage control, Anolog Distortin
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by BAoxymoron
Dont, you should go for
Boss MT-2
Boss EQ- 20
together there is no better distortion
with/o true tube distortion

Wow, that's expensive. He'd be better of with:
Quote by sirlimecat
Damage control, Anolog Distortin

But I have the feeling that if he's looking at an $80 Digitech pedal, he's not in the right demographic for that.

I'd advise the Metal Muff. It tends to win the "best metal distortion under $100" award.

But if you're feeling open minded...I'd advise looking into amps. What do you have right now?
In my band there's two guitarists, we play metal. I have a EHX metall muff, the my mate has a boss mt-2 metal zone thing. decide between those two they are the best non valve pedals
I've tried the Death Metal and the Metal Master.

both are meh.

Get the Metal Muff as mentioned before, it's great.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'm liking my metal muff. Best metal pedal ever.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I have a digitech death metal pedal, DONT get it. Its not worth its price, its soooo fuzzy and inaudible.You're better off getting something like a fuzz factory or metal muff IMO.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

im planning to get a second muff
one for rythum and the other for lead
its really cool it offers the same distortion all round
except if you mess with the EQ that changes the distortion more that the Distortion knob'
the distortion knob is really just for more fuzz
The Death Metal should be called the Black Metal IMO, because that's the only sound you are going to get out of it.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
yah i havent tried a digitech but ive heard that the
BOSS MT-2
and EHX metal muff are bettor

when it comes to those two pedals i wouldnt say one is bettor than the other
i would just say they both have there pros and cons
I have the Digitech Death Metal and Grunge, I've had a Metal Zone, my brother has a Metal Muff...

Personally, I think the DM sounds pretty good, if you EQ it right. If you turn the mids up past 7 they get buzzy. If you turn them below 5 you get poop tone. Other then that, it's decent sounding. It's also not very versatile, it does one thing well, t3h br00t4lz.

If you're interested, I'll sell you my DM pedal. The DM and Grunge are the same except the controls, I find myself using my Grunge with an EQ pedal as a mid-boost, so I can turn the gain down a bit and still boost my mids.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
the Digitech Death Metal pedal is a load of ****...my friends have it and it sounds terrible, believe me on that one. If ou want a good Metal distortion go with the Boss MT-2, or the Boss ML-2, which has incredible distortion but no mids.

here are links with more information:

Boss Metal Zone (Boss MT-2):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-MT2-Metal-Zone-Effects-Pedal?sku=151328

Boss Metal Core (Boss ML-2):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-ML2-Metal-Core-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150216
I used to own a Digitech Death Metal Distortion. I liked it when I first had it, but I had just started playin, and had a sh*tty practice amp. My advice, dont get it. If you are just starting out it might seem fine to you, but after you play for awhile you will come to hate the thing. Its very fuzzy and harsh sounding. I would go with something else, everyone here seems to really like the Metal muff, although I have never played it myself.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Death metal pedal is NOT worth it. A Boss NoiseGate can't get rid of the fuzz out of it because it's so digitaly dissoriented (Why I wanna get a good tube amp with good distortion). An analog distortion would be where it's at so you aren't going to get a digitally voiced sound.
I don't like it it's too distorted.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55