Hey guys,

I noticed today that the new Alexi models have what seems to be an added switch next to the volume knob. Can anyone let me know what that could possibly be?

Thanks.
Its probably a gainbooster, his old jacksons had them installed
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Quote by gregevans209
Its probably a gainbooster, his old jacksons had them installed

Yeah. I think you're right. I'm starting to see those on the models not available here in the US. He also made the switch from EMG's to Seymour's I see. I wonder how brutal the new active pickup is.
If it is a gain booster, its about damn time. The Japanese ones have always had one. But I thought the gain booster was only for EMG? I was unaware they had one for the Blackouts. Now all they have to do is change the shape of the lower wing to the same size as the Japanese ones, and it'll be perfect. Also, the new pickups are pretty sweet. Much better than the old EMG HZ, and on par if not better than the EMG 81.
Be cool.
it's probally the mm-04 gain booster and they now actually have a true vol pot which the old high end didn't
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
the gian booster has nothing to do with EMG its not the afterburner its the mm-04 which is made by Musamaailma
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.