Well tonight my band played a party at the home of our 3rd guitarist's family friend. Not only was the house huge, but they have a guitar collection with 64 GUITARS! Of course they had a nice selection of amps as well, but to be modest I used a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. I didn't have really high expectations based on what I heard on UG, but I loved it!

It sounded amazing with my AS73, and it's a huge upgrade from my current amps. I didn't need to turn the gain up to 10 to get a good medium distortion with lots of character. It was loud and sounded fantastic, and I cut right through the mix.
/happy rant

But now I don't want to play my crappy amps anymore...
I HAVE to buy one of these. Should I get the 112 or the 212? Or the 410? If you seriously think I can find something I'll like better tell me, but I'm pretty much set on saving up for one of these. Used they're only $400 or so.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I've got the 112 and it's good.
Later on you can pick up a cabinet if you want, which is also very good.

By good I mean I will never, for any amount of money, sell it.
hug your local pug dealer!
The distortion was a little light compared to what I usually play (i.e. my band's stuff) but it still worked really nicely. I may get a pedal so I can play metal, but the clean channel was heaven.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
The distortion was a little light compared to what I usually play (i.e. my band's stuff) but it still worked really nicely. I may get a pedal so I can play metal, but the clean channel was heaven.

Kudos man, Fender Cleans, you simply can't beat em. I would reccomend the 212 ( I LOVE the twin style setup) for that power, along with a Fulltone OCD or a Damagecontrol Solid Metal... Perfect...
Quote by Highwaytohell
Kudos man, Fender Cleans, you simply can't beat em. I would reccomend the 212 ( I LOVE the twin style setup) for that power, along with a Fulltone OCD or a Damagecontrol Solid Metal... Perfect...

Sounds good.. time to start saving.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

2x12 ftw, the need to make a head...
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Great amps indeed but may I suggest trying a Peavey Classic 30 or even a Classic 50. Similar cleans but the overdrive channel on the Peavey is a lot nicer IMO.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I like the 4 10 version the best
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The 4x10 and 2x12 are both ridiculously heavy, and 60w. The 1x12 is the deluxe which is cheaper, lighter, 40w (still very much loud enough) and with the same basic tone...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
The 4x10 and 2x12 are both ridiculously heavy, and 60w. The 1x12 is the deluxe which is cheaper, lighter, 40w (still very much loud enough) and with the same basic tone...

Is there a huge difference between the 1x12 and 2x12? I know that I prefer the 2x12 over the 4x10 since the bass was big but still tight, but does the 1x12 still deliver good bass?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣