Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
New bridge
3 60%
Baseplate
2 40%
Voters: 5.
I'm looking for a Strat bridge, but in the style of a Tele one, where the bridge plate where the bridge pickup is located is attached to the other parts of the bridge. Do they make these? I'm planning on putting this on my Squier Tele so I can fit Strat-sized pickups in it.

Otherwise, I could attach a Tele base plate onto the bottom of a Strat-sized pickup,but I don't know how this would alter the pickup.

Which one would be easier and/or better?
No, since using the vibrato would be impossile. You can definitely do it with a hardtail strat bridge, but then you might as well just install a tele bridge.

Baseplates for strat pickups exist; they're cheap; and they make it sound more like a tele.
No, those are Humbucker sized bridges. Mr. Hankey, I'm not quite sure what you mean?
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you wanted a tele bridge with vibrato. Is that it, or do you want a tele bridge which fits a strat pickup?
Quote by Ethalopian
No, those are Humbucker sized bridges. Mr. Hankey, I'm not quite sure what you mean?

I'm just as confused as mr_hankey and he knows Teles. Besides ...

Were you thinking of something similar to the Squier 51?

or a mod of it?

Quote by mr_hankey
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you wanted a tele bridge with vibrato. Is that it, or do you want a tele bridge which fits a strat pickup?

I would like a Tele bridge that fits a Strat pickup, that's what most important to me. Like, a single-coil pickup.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You could be redneck-like and just tape the pickup in place. Haha bad idea. Nevermind.

Handyman's secret weapon :P