Hi
Im trying to decide what amp to get. I have decided on a single channel master volume head with a built in boost but I don't know which one to get. Marshall or Laney???

Thanks
If you're more rock orientated, then the Marshall will do. If you're more into the metal music, go with the Laney GH50L.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you're more rock orientated, then the Marshall will do. If you're more into the metal music, go with the Laney GH50L.

What he said.
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Paul Gilbert for example, used to use the GH100L (same as the GH50 but with 100w) and switched to the Vintage Modern because of Marshall's bribes basically...

They can both do high-gain well.

But that said, I would take the GH, when I tried the Vintage Modern it sounded horribly.... out of place. Either too muddy or too thin, hard to dial in, neither vintage nor modern, and as all Marshalls are, overpriced.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
IMO, the GH slaughters the vintage modern.

It does everything the VM does better, and for a lower cost.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
laney.

I got to play through one at a jam night the other day and it kicks the **** out of the vintage modern
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by MrCarrot
But that said, I would take the GH, when I tried the Vintage Modern it sounded horribly.... out of place. Either too muddy or too thin, hard to dial in, neither vintage nor modern, and as all Marshalls are, overpriced.

You just sasved me a lot of time! That's what I though too! It's close to impossible to get a perfect tone.

And as you said, neither vintage nor modern. It either hasn't got enough gain for rock or too much for classic rock, but not enough for metal, so really it's not "good" for anything. There are so many amps in the same pricerange that does minced meat of the VM.

So Laney.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
You just sasved me a lot of time! That's what I though too! It's close to impossible to get a perfect tone.

And as you said, neither vintage nor modern. It either hasn't got enough gain for rock or too much for classic rock, but not enough for metal, so really it's not "good" for anything. There are so many amps in the same pricerange that does minced meat of the VM.

So Laney.

He saved you a lot of time but you ended up writing more
^I did, but think how long it would hav ebeen if I had to write EVEN MORE!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009