Still haven't tried it because I am waiting for it to be delivered but after looking at the reviews, videos, and demos of it, it looks and sounds great. It plays a lot of what I want, Thrash and Death Metal.

http://www.digitech.com/products/DeathMetal.htm#
Check out the demo too

What do you guys think of it? I can't wait to finally play Slayer (Knife's edge setting + Angel of Death) with this tone versus the standard amp overdrive tone, really shred, and play 32nd notes with it.
Last edited by MetalMario at Feb 24, 2008,
Haven't played with many distortion pedals being a bassist myself, but when my brother leaves his guitar home instead of bringing it to college I play it with the Digitech Death Metal pedal. It definitely has that loud thrashy sound. I absolutely love playing with it.
I bought one and it broke after about a minute of use. So dont know... Digitech pedals are pure evil, i've been through about 4 broken ones of all different styles. And have broken in 4 different manners. But hey maybe i just have bad luck...
my friend tried one out at guitar center and thought it was pretty sweet. if that dosn't work out i'd get a boss metal zone
Originally Posted by jimbo09
"yeah man, i swallow and then **** out all my picks, it gives u really good tone, i swear"

Originally Posted by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off.
I hate to hear it broke on you because this is one of the reasons I bought this pedal. One of the reviews said that the pedal is like a mini tank that doesn't break even when dropped on concrete etc.

I guess thats why it is only around $50 because maybe there are some cheap parts such as the chip inside?
Yea, i've just had bad luck with all Digi's gear even there multi-effects.

As100- Button went out
Grundge pedal- took the battery out and the positive and negative clips broke off
Grundge pedal 2- Didnt turn on out of the box
Deathmetal - Worked for a minute then when out
if digi is a tank then boss is a nuclear bunker
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
They have a year warranty so did you have to ship them to digitech to get them fixed or replaced? Thats pretty bad if that many did not work on you that I don't think that was just a coincidence.

I'll let you know how mine goes when I get it sometime during the week.

To the guy above me I hear digitech bought out Boss don't have a source right now on that but I can possibly find it again if you want it. Can still buy the Boss brand though.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yea, i've just had bad luck with all Digi's gear even there multi-effects.

As100- Button went out
Grundge pedal- took the battery out and the positive and negative clips broke off
Grundge pedal 2- Didnt turn on out of the box
Deathmetal - Worked for a minute then when out

Yep, you appear to have bad luck.

My RP250 has worked for well over a year, Screamin' blues has held up nicely for over 5 months, BP200 for a couple years now, and my Whammy IV has been perfectly fine, although it's only been a month or two of using it.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Yup, stopped buying anything digi because of that. Only buy boutique stuff now.

All the stuff happened well within 30 days so i just brung it back up to guitar center. Best pedals to date for sound and reliablity that I owned in the past were the Uber Metal, MEtal Muff and Zoom G2 and GFX1. New stuff, my Tubescreamer, Protone pedals, Isp Decimator and MXR 10 band. There all rock solid but all costed me $100-$200 bucks a pop. That seems to be were reliabilty kicks in.
dude, check out Damage Control Pedals

Or a Rocotron Silver Dragon
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2