Im thinking of getting either a red, blue or black hss strat and i was wondering what kind of fretboard looks better to you? I think the maple looks better because it matches the headstock but i was wondering how each affects sound. Also, which one do you think feels better? Will a maple one get dirty with use easier?
I don't think fretboard wood really affects sound much at all. I think maple looks nicer on strats, but I like the feel of rosewood much more.
maple looks a lot nicer, but rosewood feels and sounds better, imo.

gotta try it yourself.
I prefer the high gloss maple for looks and it's slightly sharper tone. Some guys have an issue with glossy laquer finish because they say it slows them down, but it doesn't affect me. I guess it just depends on what you are used to.

A quick clean everytime you change strings prevents it from getting dirty.... no big deal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
My strat has a maple neck. I have another guitar with a rosewood (strat copy) and I definately prefer maple. It looks better, plays faster and doesnt get as nasty
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
I love maple fretboards. They're sexy.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
This is weird most people on this thread agreed on Maple being better to them. When i read review for a Natural Lite Ash Strat with a Maple fretboard everybody that bought it said they changed the neck to Rosewood because Maple sucks......
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
Maple
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Maple, I find it to be pretty quick, faster than the other rosewood guitars I have. Its a new american standard.