I have a very close friend who's considering therapy, does it actually help? She's just kind of depressed.
Depends on the people involved. always will.

I've been through anger therapy, that didn't do much. I'm actually worse now.

I just recently got out from some more, for more general things. Guy said I was on the depression slope, but then again who the hell isn't these days. I managed to get a few things out, which was probably for the best, but nothing a few solid hours a week of guitar couldn't handle.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
What makes you think anyone on UG's ever had therapy?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
If you want it to work, it will. If you fight it, you won't get anywhere. It's all about how willing you are to work with a shrink. So yeah, if she wants help then she can get it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i never thought therapy helped. you just talk about your problems. that's like telling my girlfriend i have AIDS. will talking about it get rid of it? no
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Therapy's helped me out. I had some major anger issues and i got depressed sometimes, too. Now, I still get angry, but overall I'm much calmer, I don't get as angry, and things don't affect me as much. So, in reference to LazyLatinoRocker, just talking about your problems to someone who at least seems to care (and likely does, even if it's just for $) can help even you out, so to speak.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
i never thought therapy helped. you just talk about your problems. that's like telling my girlfriend i have AIDS. will talking about it get rid of it? no

Depends what the problem is. Some mental problems are caused by chemical imbalances. Others are caused by interactions with other people or because of events in our lives. I've never had therapy, but a good friend of mine swears by it. She tends to be an otherwise private person, so her therapist is a good outlet.
Hi, I'm Peter
I took (or was forced to) it for about a month.. Did not help.. I got worse, then ON MY OWN got completely better. I just bottle everything up, then take it out in privacy (as in smashing, punching, etc). It's surprising how destruction can help that much.
Generally you feel a bit better if you talk to someone about whats going on in your life and why you're depressed, and a therapist is good because you can tell them anything and not worry about what they might think about it, as opposed to a parent or friend. Plus therapist have already heard everything before and may give you suggestions that will make you feel better.

Quote by Dog--
I took (or was forced to) it for about a month.. Did not help.. I got worse, then ON MY OWN got completely better. I just bottle everything up, then take it out in privacy (as in smashing, punching, etc). It's surprising how destruction can help that much.

Yeah, thats not good, I do it and I still feel like **** sometimes.
uhhhh, yea
Last edited by DarkDude110 at Feb 24, 2008,