Does it cost money. I got my mate to put my amp and a pedal on ebay for me and collect the money. Hes saying he needs to take some money for paypal expenses or something... I thought it was free. But then how would it work as a company...

hmm help me out UG befroe I get to bed. (****ing hell its 5.54am)
I've been here since '04.

They take a small percentage from business users, but for personal accounts there should be no commission for direct transfers. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually used PayPal with eBay.
Quote by ttreat31
They take a small percentage from business users, but for personal accounts there should be no commission for direct transfers. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually used PayPal with eBay.

hmmm well hes not a business so i may have to assualt him.

Paypal costs money for whoever is receiving the money. If you bought something and paid someone you wouldn't have to worry about paying a fee, but since your friend was selling your stuff, he is paying a percentage to Paypal.

You don't have to assault him
If you go with the standard account they set limits as to how much you can transfer at once, how much you can have in your account at one time, etc.
Quote by chrisjk33
Paypal costs money for whoever is receiving the money. If you bought something and paid someone you wouldn't have to worry about paying a fee, but since your friend was selling your stuff, he is paying a percentage to Paypal.

You don't have to assault him

Thats good

Well no. that fails...

I made like 300 quid. if pypal takes more than 15 quid ill cry because i never see money

Quote by chrisjk33
I don't really know much about squid, but here's a link to the fees in the U.S. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees

Doubt it will take 15.. but there are also Ebay fees to pay.. so altogether I would guess you'd lose more than 15 out of 300. Kinda gay but that's how it is if you want traffic from the whole world

i dont like ebay now.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Why is it called paypal? I always thought they should call it buybuddy.

Very clever!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Very clever!

I thought of all on my lonesome

Or barterbuddy, that sounds fun.

Or AcquireAcquaintance
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I thought of all on my lonesome

Or barterbuddy, that sounds fun.

Or AcquireAcquaintance

How about FinanceFriend?!

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That sounds like a tax service.

I know, I just wanted to be as cool as you and think of a good one.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
I know, I just wanted to be as cool as you and think of a good one.

Ha! You're ambition amuses me!