I recently stumbled upon this new game that will be coming out later this year. It's very similar to guitar hero, but it is played with a real guitar and teaches you how to play real guitar.

http://www.guitarrising.com/index.html

I was wondering if you think that this will be worth buying for a beginner? And does appeal to you experienced players?

I think i will buy this to help me speed up my playing and for the fun of it.
Now that's more like it. Playing a game while also learning a real guitar

I've always seen the hard and expert mode of guitar hero as stupid. Why put so much effort in to pushing buttons on a plastic guitar when that time can be spent playing a real guitar?
Old topic, but none the less, i like the idea.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
OK. Sorry for posting it again, i just found about it today. :\
I'm not a huge fan of Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but that looks very cool.
it will be good, but i can see alot of guitar hero noobs wave 2. People will learn the guitar to show off, and not actually learn any theory just finger movements. Anyway thats my two "pence" not bucks
Quote by _BucketHead_

I've always seen the hard and expert mode of guitar hero as stupid. Why put so much effort in to pushing buttons on a plastic guitar when that time can be spent playing a real guitar?

yeah, but using that logic, you should tell someone playing a football game to go outside and really throw a touchdown pass.

thats just a fun game.
Quote by guitarnoize
I think we can all finally kick the guitar hero nerds asses though, surely thats a good thing!

+1
this looks good, my be handy for timing i like it. whens it out
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
I dont see how the difficulty setting can be changed on songs. Like surely its just rhythm and lead. Your playing a real guitar so surely there's only one tab for each of the parts.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by YngwieJnr
I dont see how the difficulty setting can be changed on songs. Like surely its just rhythm and lead. Your playing a real guitar so surely there's only one tab for each of the parts.

Easy = Less notes
Hard = All notes
...I think..
Wow. Thats sounds like its gonna be fun. can't wait till it comes out.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
I think it looks cool, but imo it just means that there will be more kids running around in my school saying they can play guitar.
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
I think it looks cool, but imo it just means that there will be more kids running around in my school saying they can play guitar.

Hopefully they won't have guitars, and their parents will say "Naw buy guitar hero 3 instead it's better"

"NO MUMMEY I WANT A REAL GUITAR SO I CAN BE COOL"

*Parents beat the child*
Another boom of wannabe showoff guitarists will arrive with this game! xD

As if guitar wasn't popular enough anyway.. can't they make a bass version of the game, maybe there will be more bassists then
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Quote by _BucketHead_

Performance Mode on GH is worse. You have to memorize the song on expert. Sadly, I can do it for one song, even though I don't, and never have, owned the game. : (

I think this new game seems kind of pointless, isn't Guitar Pro just like that?
Quote by _BucketHead_

+1,000,000,000,000

You sir, rock.
E preciso amar as pessoas como se nao houvesse amanha- Renato Russo
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Performance Mode on GH is worse. You have to memorize the song on expert. Sadly, I can do it for one song, even though I don't, and never have, owned the game. : (

I think this new game seems kind of pointless, isn't Guitar Pro just like that?

Thats what I was thinking, except guitar pro isn't a game you plug your guitar into, they should add that function ability ey, haha
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
This is actually pretty stupid, great idea but the trailer adverts 30 songs, if they don't get any good Zep, GnR, Metallica, Sabbath, etc then it's not even worth getting I don't want to play indie **** (well some of it is good).
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

God I hope this doesn't become popular, there are enough guitarists already...but if it was bass...I could use a bassist. Or maybe a drummer or singer, though I don't see how this would work any better for those than Rock Band.
Quote by _BucketHead_

Because it's fun and easy, my friend!