i really dont think so. they are supposed to flex a little. but not noticeably to the human touch
. . . no.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Absolutely not.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
well, whoever the guitar it belongs to is screwed. Set necks are glued in, which means if they are moving, the only thing that is holding the neck on is most likely the tension from the strings.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
someone forgot their glue(or is it epoxy)
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
That's like asking if your foot is supposed to spin around 360 degree. obviously not, and if it can, then it's ****ed
Quote by SG Man Forever
well, whoever the guitar it belongs to is screwed. Set necks are glued in, which means if they are moving, the only thing that is holding the neck on is most likely the tension from the strings.

if it wasnt connected, wouldnt the sting tension pull the neck forward and snap the guitar in half (neck folds in on body)?
They aren't supposed to be loose by any means, but you can still do neck bends with a set neck. Which still isn't all that great a thing to be doing, putting pressure on it like that.
are u talking about a set neck or a bolt on? bolt ons can possibly move alittle but definately not set necks.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by nt1440
if it wasnt connected, wouldnt the sting tension pull the neck forward and snap the guitar in half (neck folds in on body)?

I don't know, it seems like that would happen, but if the neck is moving, that means there is no/very little glue, and I am puzzled as to what exactly is holding the neck in place.

TL;DR

I'm taking a guess here.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Feb 24, 2008,
Good bolt on necks (Fender and Ibanez, primarily) are safely moveable for neckdives and such. Set necks...oh lawd. That's all I got.