I have an extra $300 (not much) and have been trying to decide what to use it on. but i cant decide between a new amp (mine is a roland microcube which is probably 8in by 10in which is obviously too small) or a 1975 Les Paul. Yes, the Les Paul was offered to me for $300 but i dont know if its Gibson or epiphone
I already have an epiphone Les Paul, but i dont want to pass up an offer like this. My band is starting to get into bigger gigs and my amp is not guna cut it (it hardly did before.) If i am guna get an amp im looking for a good metal amp for this price. *i have already been warned twice about $hitty Marshall MGs or whatever.
save some cash and wait. 300 wont get you anywhere. Think about getting a tube amp anywhere from 500-1000 new and you could get it for less used
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Amps always have a bigger effect on your sound than your guitar does. So if you can find a decent (I mean tube) amp for that price go for it... Unless you get a guitar that is WAY better than what you are already playing, it's not really worth it, instead save the money.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Your right about the MG's don't even look at them. I would usually say an amp but if it is a gibson les paul say take it! $300 isnt going to get you any amp worth upgrading to anyway, could always trade the les paul for a better in the end.
Buy the les paul and flip it for profit.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
WAIT. Get the guitar, because it's valuable and will stay that way. Deals like that are worth saving another $300 for a new amp for.
Quote by Miggy01
Buy the les paul and flip it for profit.

+1. then buy a small valve amp (valve junior for example) and an epi maybe?
If its a 75 Gibson and the guy is selling it to you for 300 its counterfeight, which happens alot. Dont buy it if its Gibson unless you are 100% sure (truss rod cover, neck, and all the little details. Cause if it was real he could sell it on ebay and make a fortune.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets