Page 1 of 2
Used search bar, cant find any similar threads
If you could have a 2 hour guitar lesson from any living or dead person, who would it be?
And why?

I'd have to go with either Satriani for his theory knowledge and technical knowhow or John Frusciante for his amazing feel
BB King. I'm not into people preaching about theory and technical stuff, but the emotion he manages to put into every note is amazing.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
BB King. I'm not into people preaching about theory and technical stuff, but the emotion he manages to put into every note is amazing.

dude that was my third choice
EDIT: also i dunno about preaching but my theory could use a lot of work thats why i said that. But i guess someone with great feel would be more important
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Feb 24, 2008,
some guy actually paid $27000 for an angus young lesson i think it was, angus did it for some reason, might have been charity i dunno but yeah. But me either dimebag, adam jones or petrucci i guess..
me i would have to say Kirk Hammett! because he seems to know how to make the guitar sound have emotion while he plays and he looks like he'd be nice and teach anyone who like to be teached to play good! plus the man is why metallica is so metal and so popular. his solos rock! If you took him out of metallica they would be just another metal band!
Last edited by webbster87 at Feb 24, 2008,
Paul Gilbert.

He's my second guitar hero, but, lately he's really been pushing first... either way I wouldn't want Joe Walsh teaching me as... well... I don't think Joe would be fully there anymore.

I've also been modeling my normal playing after Paul Gilbert so I'd really benefit from that.
It would have to be Marko Vukcevich. There's not really much he could teach me in just two hours that I would hold onto for the rest of my time playing but it would be cool just say that Bronson taught me how to play Or Pat O'Brien
Either Slash or Frusciante, I love both of their styles of play very much!
Probably Frusciante.
Either Lyndsey Buckingham or Mick Ronson.

Or Ace Frehley. I'd learn f*ck all, but we'd have a right laugh.
Brain Setzer brian may, or possibly SRV?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Matt Pike of High on Fire/Sleep would be cool

or Troy van Leeuwen from A Perfect Circle/Queens of the Stone Age
Quote by webbster87
me i would have to say Kirk Hammett! because he seems to know how to make the guitar sound have emotion while he plays and he looks like he'd be nice and teach anyone who like to be teached to play good! plus the man is why metallica is so metal and so popular. his solos rock! If you took him out of metallica they would be just another metal band!

I'm with this guy. I've been trying to write solos like Kirk Hammett since I got into metal. I would do anything in my ability to get a lesson from him.
Frusciante...
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by Wolftone08
I'm with this guy. I've been trying to write solos like Kirk Hammett since I got into metal. I would do anything in my ability to get a lesson from him.

Anything?
mhhmmm...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I'd have to say Matt Bellamy, because of his songwriting skill. But if not, maybe Satriani for some really in-depth technical stuff
dream theater guitarist.

i always have trouble writing his name :\
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
john mclaughlin, most likely
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Quote by iruka2998
dream theater guitarist.

i always have trouble writing his name :\

John Petrucci.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
adam jones. i think he is a genius. but i dont think the guitar teaching would go well because i'd probably have a heartattack
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Nathan Milley
dime bag if he was still alive

Exactly who I want.

Everything about his tone is perfect.
Jonny Greenwood personally.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Dave Mustain because he can prabably teach me how he write those killer riffs. Either him or maybe Randy Rhoads.
guthrie govan

probably the sickest guitarist ive EVER seen live

and his tuitionals are SO useful, so live teaching wud be killer =)
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
Jimi Hendrix for his creativity and style, or Slash for his lead work.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Joe Pass.

OR

it would take more than two hours and he's not a guitarist but if I could get Ornette Coleman to try to teach me harmolodics that would be ridiculously cool
Shawn Lane.
Naturally, everyone else is wrong.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
adam jones

Me too
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Slash all the way...or Hendrix on second thought...and why does it only have to be 2 measly hours?
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
Last edited by JFK9oo8 at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by smb
Matt Pike of High on Fire/Sleep would be cool

I'd just want to hear him talk gear. The guitar tone on Dopesmoker is god, realized in full stereo sound.

But for a lesson...

Alex Skolnick (Testament)
Marc Ribot (Tom Waits)
Larry LaLonde (Primus)

or, for dead guys...
Niccolo Paganini
Frank Zappa
John Coltrane
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by Paul Lambeth
Jonny Greenwood personally.

+1

Or, since I was just listening to them playing live on a live album I have, either Dave Matthews or Tim Reynolds.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Michael Romeo or Luca Turilli. Maybe even Jason Becker. Who knows how good he'd be if he hadn't gotten ALS.
since i don't/can't play lead to save my life it would be scott ian - anthrax, he is who got me started way back.
Page 1 of 2