This will be my first electric guitar. The "Ultimate Guitar FAQ" notes an Ibanez RG321 as a good guitar. What's the difference between that and the RG320 QS? Would this be a good guitar for me? I like playing GNR, Linkin Park, rock, and some metal.

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by cmschlatt at Feb 24, 2008,
RG320QS, as far as I remember, is decked out with the LoTRS tremolo - that isn't something you really want to deal with.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well that answers my question. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Are there any guitars comparable to SZ320/520, RG321 and other guitars that fit my playing style (which is mid to high gain I think). I'm mostly basing my searches off the "Ultimate Electric Guitar Thread's" suggestions, so I know there are other great guitars out there I am missing.
Last edited by cmschlatt at Feb 24, 2008,
Why not just go for the actual SZ? I think it would be perfect for you and the kind of stuff you play.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I will check out the Washburn X50pro.

As for the SZ... I had found an SZ520 and amp for only $200, but the guy sold the guitar the day before I called him I'm hoping to buy secondhand (craigslist) so I can get a good guitar for a decent price. The only other SZs i have found are going for $300+. Hopefully I'll find some used Washburns though
I have put up a wanted ad on craig's list and so far I have been offered a Yamaha SE1203 and a Washburn WI64DL. Thoughts and opinions on these guitars based on what music I will play? I will post up more as people send me offers.

Thanks