i am new to guitar but i want to play metal,rock,and oldies so what would be the best guitar for that for under 1000
Fender HSS Strat (otherwise known as fat strat), either MIM or MIA (made in Mexico or America) are available on the market right now, but try to find a Japanese one used, great for the money.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
bc rich bc rich bc rich bc rich
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Fender Standard Fat Strat.

Touche, Mararoni.

its 'maCaroni' to u sir and yes i would have recommended a HSS strat but i wanted the ts to try something other than a strat, which most people will recommend for a versatile guitar.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Les Paul, they sound good clean and distort good. Lots of people play them live, and even more people use them to record.
Any guitar will do, to learn it, to play it it's the same thing, since a guitar is a guitar, but if you need a tremolo system that might be on of the only exceptions. As far for tone, pickups and wood type should finalize the deal, look around, pick what ever you feel sounds best. Try running the guitar through a high end amp so you really pickup every detail of the tone.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by macaroni
its 'maCaroni' to u sir and yes i would have recommended a HSS strat but i wanted the ts to try something other than a strat, which most people will recommend for a versatile guitar.

Sorry, macaroni.

They why not reccomend both if you thought both were good? And if he wants versatility, at least find him a HH guitar with a coil split, like a Sechter Tempest Custom or something.
All good suggestions. There are benefits to all of these. Strats have nice playability and a trem, Les Pauls have beefy mid and low end for rock and metal, but can also handle sissy music, and shecters were created by the devil. You cant go wrong with any of these.
Schecter
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

i can play just about anything on my sg except for ska and reggae

but theres no perfect, all round best guitar. i mean, thats why people own more than 1 guitar.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
some type of SG or a strat(but i dont like those). since gibson LPs are so dam expensive, i hear ESP makes good LPs(the ones without the EMGs) that are pretty versatile
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Get an Ibanez SZ, I recommend at least the 520, or 720. As the 320 I don't believe can split between the neck and bridge pickups.
Quote by vamprocker
bc rich bc rich bc rich bc rich

only for metal my friend.. other than that,
a tele or a strat.