I'm planning on buying a Fender American series sunburst Stratocaster with maple neck in the near future... The tone I want to get out of it is like a John Frusciante/Hendrix kind of thing... I play in a band and my influences are: Red Hot Chili Peppers (of course... all their mid-early stuff like Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Freaky Styley, Mothers Milk, BSSM, etc.), Funkadelic/Parliament, Kool & The Gang, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa... that kind of thing...

I already have a set of Custom '69s lying around, but I don't want to use them. I just want to keep them for anything else later on in life...

Would replacing the stock Fender AM pickups for a set of Fender '57/'62 pickups be a good idea for this kind of thing? Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks.
Nah the Custom '69s are the ones Hendrix had... and I've got them (but don't really want to use them yet)...
I just basically wanted to know if this is a good idea to put in 57/62s, cause I don't know the differences in tone with different Fender pickups...
Quote by ECistheBest
i guess they're nice. but i bet www.rockmonkeyguitars.com has better stuff for cheaper for AU ppl. aren't fenders (and other brands) overpriced like crazy?

+1
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Yeah probably, but I'm getting mine off eBay (as with everything I get) so it'll be more like the AU$150 mark...
I've bought all of my pickups through eBay, Such as 3 x SD pickups (valued at AU$300+ each) for about AU$100 each... and various effects pedals... its so much cheaper than stores.