OK so I'm thinking of buying a new distortion pedal as my old behringer is not doing what I would like it to do anymore. I was thinking of a boss DS-2 as I've been told it is very good and quite versatile, my second option is a Big Muff Pi which is good but not all that similar to the DS-2. I play most types of music so I want something that will work for both blues to any type of rock. Any suggestions/recommendations?
i reckon save up for like a nice tube amp and whack an OD pedal in front if you need.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
The Big Muff Pi is a one trick pony, that said, it's a pony who do the trick at perfection. Though, is not for everyone. IT IS NOT VERSATIL, it is a fuzz distortion effect and that is what it does. I love the Big Muff for what it is, and it works better with a tube amp over a clean channel.

On the other hand, the Boss DS-2 gives more versatility, if that is what you're after this is the way to go. Is a very good distortion pedal + Boss built quality. I prefer the DS-1 for just a matter of taste and because it is a classic, I actually think every guitarist should own one of those.
Distortion pedals sound dull on mediocre amps. If you don't want to get a new amp I'd recommend a pedal that can deliver both a nice overdrive and distortion sound, because OD's really can make your amp sound better. A nice fuzzbox might also do the trick. Check out the Fulltone OCD, the Big Muff and perhaps the Ibanez TS-9

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by Genghis_khan
The Big Muff Pi is a one trick pony, that said, it's a pony who do the trick at perfection. Though, is not for everyone. IT IS NOT VERSATIL, it is a fuzz distortion effect and that is what it does. I love the Big Muff for what it is, and it works better with a tube amp over a clean channel.

On the other hand, the Boss DS-2 gives more versatility, if that is what you're after this is the way to go. Is a very good distortion pedal + Boss built quality. I prefer the DS-1 for just a matter of taste and because it is a classic, I actually think every guitarist should own one of those.

I cannot think of one guitarist who has not used or owned a DS-1.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.