there the hertz that a human ear can hear.. the more the K's the either louder or higher pitch they become.. finding a good balance is a way to make a good tone.. but each song and guitar... practically everything have there own unique sound so its up to you if u want more info on exactly wat it is ask away
i would like to know this too lol not really a very good reply but o well
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
500k s are mainly for humbuckers kinda fatter sound etc and the 250k s for more bluesy stuff i hear
500k's are brighter, 250k's more vintage warm tone. 500k is ok for humbuckers because they sound fat, a 250k is aite for a single coil.
There's an exact technical answer which I know.

But all you really need to know is higher value = More Treble.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
In one of my mods, I changed 250s to some new ones.

Because the stock ones were scratchy and low-quality, the new nes had no noise and felt nicer to use.

The pots will probably have it written on their shells.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Martindecorum
there the hertz that a human ear can hear.. the more the K's the either louder or higher pitch they become.. finding a good balance is a way to make a good tone.. but each song and guitar... practically everything have there own unique sound so its up to you if u want more info on exactly wat it is ask away

No they're not...they're different resistance values, 250 kilohms vs 500 kilohms. Lower resistance pots tend to give you a warmer sound, higher resistance lets more treble through. That's why single coil guitars tend to have 250k pots and humbuckers have 500k. You can also bump up to 1 meg pots if feel things are just lacking a tiny bit of bite.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No they're not...they're different resistance values, 250 kilohms vs 500 kilohms. Lower resistance pots tend to give you a warmer sound, higher resistance lets more treble through. That's why single coil guitars tend to have 250k pots and humbuckers have 500k. You can also bump up to 1 meg pots if feel things are just lacking a tiny bit of bite.

Yeah sorry i thought he was talking about something else then i realised it and was like oh oh
lol