I flew over from Belfast, Northern Ireland to Glasgow to see the one and only Megadeth perform, they are my favourite band so it was EPIC. I was right at the front, below Chris Broderick (the new Megadeth lead guitarist) and he was totally into the intense energy of the fans. It was the ebst concert i've ever been too and anyone who has seen Megadeth knows what i'm talkin about.

Before the show started me and couple of friends decided to wait at the backdoor were all the gear was being carried through. This American Megadeth Tech came up to me and said "Any of you guys got any Weed" we said no and he GAVE ME A DAVE MUSTAINE CUSTOM PICK and told me to go find him. Obviously he did this to get us to go away lol.

(THIS PART MIGHT INTEREST PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL FIGHTING OVER THE METALLICA/MEGADETH THING). Before they played Gears of War dave said "This next song is about a game that came out last year called Gears of War, where the objective of the game is to blow the **** outa people and hack them with chainsaws...I know a few people i'd love to do that too" then Gears of War was played.

After the gig we hung out at the huge buses that were there to pick up Megadeth and the crew, there was a crowd of about 20 of us waiting for them. Chris came out and he was the coolest guy, he even let me take a picture of him and i asked him "How many hours did you practice a day" (because he is one hell of a guitar player) he responded with "too many" and the rest of the crowd made small talk, he signed my Megadeth ticket and posed for my camera

Shawn Drover came out next, he didn;t look so happy so he didn't say much but he still signed my ticket, kudos too him.

James LoMenzo came out and he was also a cool guy, we told him to come to Ireland next tour and he said "Yeh i was disappointed to hear that we weren't coming to Dublin this year but hopefully we will next time", so that was pretty cool and i shaked his hand. Respect to him.

Next was Mega Dave Mustaine himself, he was wearing one of those big coats with thermal around the edges of it to cover his face. His security guards told us that he was sick but he came over to the other side of us and the crowd went insane, he got really pissed off because of the cameras and ****, someone asked him "Dave can i take a picture of you" and Dave said "Your the one with the ****ing camera, you decide" in a pissed of manner, **** YEAH When that happened he left us and went into the bus, we didn;t have his signature because he got pissed off with everyone going mental. So we waited for an hour until all the dickheads there who were complaining saying "uh Dave is a human being and so am I so what is his ****ing problem, he's acting as if we are ****" . They eventually left and some American girl came out to us and explained that she would take our stuff that needed signed to Dave and ask him to write his signature on it. She came out 10minutes later with our tickets, ****ing bad ass, all signatures.

Call me obsessed, but it was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE and i'm considering framing the Pick and Ticket.

The next morning i had to go to Rome with my family, this might interest Christian people on UG.

We went to the Vatican and other Christian (Catholic) places of interest here are some pictures (you can look at all the pictures on this link http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/wardiepie/

After all that, i went to the HARD ROCK CAFE.

Here is Eddie Van Halens Kramer Guitar that he used in "Eruption"
(Go to http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/wardiepie/ )

Kerry Kings Guitar

Dave Kushner from Vr's Guitar

A Jimi Hendrix church like window

Metallicas Guitar (dono who signed it, looks like James' signature)

and lastly, Slashes snakepit Cd album cover thing with Brian Tichy and Slashs' Signature

Just thought i'd share that with you guys.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Seems like a nice trip.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
lucky bastard.. I wonder when Megadeth will visit Greece, it's been like 10 years ffs
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Wooo I was at that gig too, was pretty sweet.

But, much as I love 'em, Dave sounds like an as*hole from your story
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
f.ucking cool

i went to see megadeth last night, totally awesome, Chris is the s.hit, and he pointed at me and my friends about 5 times
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Sounds like you had fun. Myself I had pancakes three times in a row this weekend.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Sounds like you had fun. Myself I had pancakes three times in a row this weekend.

Heaven...

Edit: Sounds like you had a great time I was the same when I met Coheed.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
f.ucking cool

i went to see megadeth last night, totally awesome, Chris is the s.hit, and he pointed at me and my friends about 5 times

Thats exaclty that he did with us, was awesome.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
i got to go to the aftershow partys for megadeth in nottingham and birmingham got loads of **** signed 4 guitar picks a drumstick and loads of stuff from evile and job for a cowboy
and getting to hang out with the bands was cool
I wish i stayed behind after the gig to see them at the tour buses but my friends were 'too cold'. wimps. so i went back with them to the hotel.
DΔC
Lol.

Dave Mustaine is an asshole And what the hell makes you think he was referring to Metallica with the GoW thing? He's bitter and jealous, but not THAT bitter and jealous

Sounds like a great trip though.
He was awesome but sometimes I thought his guitar sounded a bit robotic
DΔC
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Sounds great man. Is this the tour with Evile and Job for a Cowboy in support?

Yep. Although Evile didn't play for us because of some technical fault with their gear, which is a good thing, meant we got 2 see the deth earlier :P

Bloody hell... Certainly not a weekend you'll forget x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Sounds like you had fun bro. I don't deny Dave's talent as a musician, but this just proves my opinion more to me that he's a prick overall. He's never in a good mood, and always pissed off or whining about something.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Wardster
Yep. Although Evile didn't play for us because of some technical fault with their gear, which is a good thing, meant we got 2 see the deth earlier :P

It's not a good thing at all you fool. Evile kick ass, especially live.
I love Rome, went there in 2005, was amaze.
Sounds like a great time though, luckyyyy
♥xx♥

I'm seeing them tonight. I just hope Dave's in a better mood this time =3
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Saw them last night and I must say it was truly incredible. I was standing right at the front, albeit right infront of the drum amps, but it was still cool. Evile played first, and they were alright, but nothing special.
Then Job For a Cowboy came on and the crowd was already chanting for Megadeth, and continued to do so between every song JFAC played, which can't have been great for them but oh well. Anyhoo, JFAC sucked. All of 4 people were headbanging, 5 others threw up the horns and that was about it, every one else just stood there looking bored and sighing when the band announced their songs. Poor guys went up there and gave it their all, but a constant stream of relentlessly bashing the double bass drums and screaming vocals was just plain unimpressive.
The guitars were far too quiet to even hear below the drums and the bass was non-existent, again, below the drums.
A big cheer when JFAC announced they were playing their last song and then another 20 minute for who we were really there to see. As the techs and roadies set up the stage, Pantera's 'Walk' and Iron Maiden's 'Run to the Hills' played over the PA and the whole crowd joined in the singing.
A thunderous roar erupted as Mustaine came on playing Sleepwalker and headbanging was resumed by the entire crowd. Broderick is a fantasic guitarist, I've never seen anyone nail those songs as well as he did. A constant stream of crowd surfers passed along the front and back out into the throng.

After the show, my friend and I waited outside the tour buses and Broderick and Drover came and signed our tickets, with Broderick recognising me from the audience ()

We waited another 15 minutes for Mustaine but we had to get the train before the stations closed so we didn't get to meet him.

Still awesome though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I saw Megadeth on friday. ****ing insane. Loved every minute of it!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Great 2 hear you guys had an awesome experience aswell!

Looks like you had a nice trip. Broderick is really good.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion