I just got back from Denmark Street, and the guy showed me this little stack.

Pretty sweet sounding! Real good crunch, really liked it.

Would consider buying it, but would feel a bit stupid gigging with an amp that tiny!

Although it would be funny, people would look at it and laugh, but soon change their minds once they hear the little beast.

Also tried a Line 6 Valve, didn't really like it, Insane setting would be the only one I'd use. Sounded too processed.

Tried a DSL401 and got on with it pretty well. Then I tried some Engl heads+cabs and wooweee they are teh good. Still sounded good at low volumes so seriously considering a Fireball Head and a 2x12. Played it through a 4x12 but that size is a bit overkill for bedroom.

Tried a Screamer combo but it was a bit muddy compared to the Fireball.

All in all a productive few hours, just glad to know that there are amps out there I actually like.

Anyone else had experiences with these amps they'd like to share?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Yeah iv also been looking at the krank revJr. Looks to be just the answer to my latest problem. The 4x12 slant cab i have rotting in my wardrobe. Can get just the head for £400 and since i wont be playing any major gigs for a while the 20w output will be very crankable, even just in my room.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Yeah you can crank it and it really does sound nice.

Another drawback is the lack of a footswitch, but the guy in the shop told me it was primarily made to be a studio recording amp.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Yeah, I'm gonna be getting the Rev Jr. sometime soon. I really like the little amp. I think the Revolution 1 sounds better, but the Jr. sounds pretty awesome, too! And I can actually get some power tube distortion out of it.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

if you can wait until June, they are introducing a Rev Jr Pro, with footswitchable clean channel.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Nice. Still too small though for the price. If it was a few hundred cheaper it'd be more appealing.

I'm looking at cabinets now. 2x12's seem to be only a fraction cheaper than 4x12'. I thought they'd be half the price. Makes sense just to get a 4x12?

I really dug that Engl Fireball. Shame about the lack of features on it though. But as I've learnt you can't have everything.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by Chex
Nice. Still too small though for the price. If it was a few hundred cheaper it'd be more appealing.

It might be expensive there, but here, it's not too bad and seems to be the remedy for a lot of people's problems on here. Good sound, tube, not too pricey, low wattage (still loud as hell though ).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Erock503
if you can wait until June, they are introducing a Rev Jr Pro, with footswitchable clean channel.

Really? Will the clean channel have a separate gain control, too?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

To be honest for me its perfect as I dont play live much at all but have jam sessions a lot at home with the guy next door and my drummer mate jim. 50w and indeed 100w is too loud to crank at home we all agree yes? But 20 is much more manageable for the job, with the pro version coming its even more attractive.

Price wise its £600 for the head and a 1x12 cab, thats pretty much on par with dsl/tsl 1x12 combos the engl screamer/thunder combo which are higher wattage and therefore less crankable in a home/small gig situation. Theres certainly nothing out there that comes in head form for the money for those with existing cabs.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Yeah forgot it was American made, so it's more expensive over here.

I did really love the sound, but it was just a bit small.

Was really impressed with the Fireball, gonna go back and test it again just to make sure...
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

I have been looking at this amp to replace my valve junior. My question is does this amp have the gain of a full size rev? Like can I get a good trivium/killswitch/LOG style of tone from this without pedals?
The head is like £700 on thomann and i doubt you'll find cheaper. plus a cab your looking just over a grand. Although right now im thinking to hell with the Rev, Burgeras are silly cheap on thomann. £350 for a 2x12 combo, madnaess.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Quote by M Power
I have been looking at this amp to replace my valve junior. My question is does this amp have the gain of a full size rev? Like can I get a good trivium/killswitch/LOG style of tone from this without pedals?

from what I've been told by guys that own both, it has just as much as it's big brother, and maybe a little more since it's easier to get powertube overdrive.

No idea if the pro version will have seperate gain or not, all I know is it will have a foot-switchable clean channel.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm starting to forget what the ENGL sounded like earlier, after a day of listening to them on Youtube.

All the Youtube Vids are just people downtuned to C and chugging out awful powerchords.

I remember really liking it....! Gonna have to go back there next week and check it out again.

M Power I'm sure not I've never played a full size, but it can get heavy. I don't think as heavy as Killswitch or LoG, maybe with EMG's?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

while i rpobably wouldn't gig with a Krank rev jr either.. those mini stacks (Epi valve jr, blackheart, etc) would make some killer amps for recording!

full on tube saturation without blowing the walls down and at sound pressure levels the mic can handle prooperly.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Chex
I just got back from Denmark Street, and the guy showed me this little stack.

Pretty sweet sounding! Real good crunch, really liked it.

Would consider buying it, but would feel a bit stupid gigging with an amp that tiny!

Although it would be funny, people would look at it and laugh, but soon change their minds once they hear the little beast.

Also tried a Line 6 Valve, didn't really like it, Insane setting would be the only one I'd use. Sounded too processed.

Tried a DSL401 and got on with it pretty well. Then I tried some Engl heads+cabs and wooweee they are teh good. Still sounded good at low volumes so seriously considering a Fireball Head and a 2x12. Played it through a 4x12 but that size is a bit overkill for bedroom.

Tried a Screamer combo but it was a bit muddy compared to the Fireball.

All in all a productive few hours, just glad to know that there are amps out there I actually like.

Anyone else had experiences with these amps they'd like to share?

Didn't you only just get shot of a DSL 401
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Chex
M Power I'm sure not I've never played a full size, but it can get heavy. I don't think as heavy as Killswitch or LoG, maybe with EMG's?

Hmm I wish I could find a krank dealer that had one of these. I know shadows fall uses revs with a maxxon od808 in front of it with emg equipped guitars. I'll have to try one somehow. I want something small that can give me big high gain tube sound.
Quote by steven seagull
Didn't you only just get shot of a DSL 401

Yeah but I never tried it with my Ibanez. Made a world of difference, totally new amp.

Just shows that a lot of tone does actually come from the guitar, and that good amp + mediocre guitar doesn't always = good sound.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Good point, the Duncan Designeds in my Jackson sound like ass compared to the Breeds in the Iceman. It's all relative though, because in comparison the Jackson sounds great through a tube amp compared to running anything through my Peavey Bandit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah. A lot of peopel here will have you believe the amp is be all and end all. I'll admit it is the most important thing, but guitar has a huge effect. I mean just putting those breeds in made my MG sound different, believe it or not! The treble+contour controls are much more responsive now.

I also had a look at a JVM, have you seen the amount of knobs on those things? There was also a Mark IV combo in there but the guy said don't even bother they're so hard to EQ.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Digging up an old thread here for sure - I'm in the market for a high gain amp with a small footprint and the Krank Rev Jr Pro seems to fit the bill....

I've not had a chance to test one out.... but they look pretty decent and the clips I've heard on youtube sound OK. Anyone on the forums own one of these?

What are your thoughts??
Quote by Mullet38
Digging up an old thread here for sure - I'm in the market for a high gain amp with a small footprint and the Krank Rev Jr Pro seems to fit the bill....

I've not had a chance to test one out.... but they look pretty decent and the clips I've heard on youtube sound OK. Anyone on the forums own one of these?

What are your thoughts??

Why didn't you just make your own thread instead of bumping one that's 8 months old...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Again, yes its posting on a old thread I know, but there are a few threads around here talking about the Krank Rev Jr... I read those reviews and bought one. Just do a search for it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I own the line 6 valve, I think its pretty great for what you pay, its not the best sounding tube amp but its pretty versatile and its modeling doesn't sound like ass compared to its brother the spider III.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Ta for the help :stickpoke ...

Will browse other threads to see what I can find on the Krank.