Has anybody any suggestions about any reasonably priced ribbons as i know they tend to sell for quite a lot

I wouldnt be looking to spend more than £350 on it. I am quite interested in the 'Sontronics Sigma' as ive heard a lot of good things. But if there are any that still have that nice silky warm sound that ribbons are known for at a cheaper price i would much appreciate it!

Thanks
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Arg, I used to know the names of a couple of ribbons that came highly recommended by most of my engineering friends, but weren't that expensive at all. I would ask the question over at the Gearslutz forum and just tell them your price and you should get some solid advice.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

lol, why would you need a ribbon microphone ? lol.. Anyways, I think AKG has made some ribbons if I'm not mistaken.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
lol, why would you need a ribbon microphone ? lol..

lol, why would you need a tube amp ? lol... ANYWAYS

Seconded on the Cascade Ribbons. I also hear the one that comes in the "Joe Satriani Amp Mic Pack" or some such is alright for the price
I have a Nady that does the job for about $80, but you have a much bigger budget, and I'm not sure if Nadys are available in the UK.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
thanks for all the suggestions so far =] Il check out the cascade ribbons, sounds interesting. Is there any particular reason why ribbons cost so much. I mean what are you limiting yourself by by getting a cheaper ribbon? I take it is just the same as an amp? Better tone etc?
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Quote by Necrolust
lol, why would you need a ribbon microphone ? lol.. Anyways, I think AKG has made some ribbons if I'm not mistaken.

I really don't understand what that first comment was meant to mean, to be frank.
There is poetry in despair.