yes i am the guy from the other thread...

okay ive settled on the fender jaguar just wandering what everyone thinks of them?

really cool?
pure hatred?

i think the red one looks awesome..
Jag's are awesome (see sig), so I'd assume a Jag bass would be just as awesome
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
they are a really cool idea but from my experience and from that of other forum users the idea isn't done well.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
They look good and they're well put together but I just hate the neck join and the upper access. There's some great sounds in them, but less variety than you'd expect with all the damn switches.

They really could have made some better contours there.
They've got a great sound and feel, and look awesome. I didn't get one since I like passive basses, and would confuse myself with all the buttons and switches, but they really are pretty nice basses.
i love it i always go to gc just to play that one lol

its awkward to play sitting down IMO because of the body but im just not used to it

glorious sound

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The look funky, and sound quite good. Listen to 'I Miss You' Live, or some Cure records.
Quote by .Anfield
The look funky, and sound quite good. Listen to 'I Miss You' Live, or some Cure records.

Your thinking of Bass VIs, not Jaguar Basses, which are entirely different.

Also, way to be vauge on artists.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
I get a seizure just thinking about all of those switches, variety is nice, but too much hurts the noggin.

A major gripe with them is despite all of those options, you cannot blend pickups. Even a jazz bass can do that, and it only has 3 knobs!

However, they do look cool.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
"Solid and quirky" is a good summation.

They have some nice features, mainly an active/passive switch and a traditional feel, but have some not so nice ones, like on/off pickup switches instead of more traditional blending. Other quirks include bunches of switchces and cut only active EQs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Make sure you want to play an active bass before you make any decisions. I prefer passive...
Quote by thefitz
"Solid and quirky" is a good summation.

cut only active EQs.

Admittedly not THAT bad an idea.

And what is different between the neck joint in the pic and most other fender joints? I know a few Fenders are different, but for the most part I though they were like that?

But my opinion on the Jag is that it is cool, but not something I would have as my normal bass. I would use it for certain things, but not for your usual song.
I'd just buy the legendary "Jazz Bass" if I was you. You could even get a Rickenbacker 4003 if you have the money.
as I said before

many if not all suffer from a shielding problem

and I hate that annoying hum you get becuase of that

but other than that, it's a cool looking, cool sounding bass made by a respectable company
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I Really think that it has a limited tonal pallet for how many switches and doo-dads there are on it. I played one for over an hour through numerous amps and couldn't really find a tone I personally enjoyed. If you can, then go for it, they do look hot as can be and seem to be fairly sturdy.