i'm going to start recording some stuff i have written onto my computer.
i was thinking of buying this mixer, along with a decent microphone

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/behringer-xenyx-802/70282

what else would i need to record? im talking about recording vocals, maybe keyboard and acoustic guitar.

and would that mixer be suffice? i am on a low budget, and i also need to find a low priced microphone that doesnt sound like crap

cheers people!
If you buy the better Xenyx it will connect to your USB port. Which is better then just going into your computers sound card.
couldn't i use some sort of adapter to plug it into the usb ?

i don't want to spend too much on the mixer, its only a hobby and i want to get to know how to use audio equipment more, i'm doing music technology at school so figured it would be handy.

edit: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/behringer-xenyx-1202/70277

that mixer is only £13 more, has 12 inputs but only 4 preamps. does that mean you can only use 4 microphones at a time, but you can use other inputs such as midi at the same time?
Last edited by dannyyy at Feb 24, 2008,
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
man, I just use a 10 dollar mic from wal-mart and a free downloadable program. Check out my profile if you wanna hear the qualitly.
Wrong forum

Yep

reported
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
this guy likes reporting wrong forum users, sorry that they are noobs and make mistakes.
besides everyone makes a mistake.
its not like he should be punished...(who did it hurt???)
Who's getting punished? All that will happen is the thread will get closed, and he'll get better help in the appropriate forum.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by thatbassist
this guy likes reporting wrong forum users, sorry that they are noobs and make mistakes.
besides everyone makes a mistake.
its not like he should be punished...(who did it hurt???)

No one gets punished.

But perhaps if you weren't such a "noob" you'd know that.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out