Page 1 of 2
So yeah, what do your friends like/loathe about you since you play guitar.

My friends hate it when we're talking and hanging out and I'll interrupt someone to tell them that I'm going to go play guitar. then I ditch them.

I also play my guitar over the phone. People think I'm not paying attention to them when I play guitar over the phone but I pay complete attention.
Well I've been playing I was 8, so they're all used to my guitarist-esque characteristics.

I guess the things that they hate are when I play guitar on the phone, and when we're downtown and we walk past the music store, and I force them all to go in.
Quote by Bushinarin
I think my friends are indifferent to it honestly.

Save for the ones I play with most don't really care, it's not like I go up to my mates and be like "Oh dude I play guitar! Check it!". Don't really talk about playing guitar often.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
they hate that me and my m8(also a guitarplayer) always talk about it.... if we're getting pizza or something, it always end up with either of us getting the guitar and jam some sweet tunes.... they hate that...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

i dont ditch my friends for guitar

but i do play guitar over the phone and my girflriend is like your not even listening are you and of course i say "what?"

girls think its hot though: )

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by fly fly fly
I also play my guitar over the phone. People think I'm not paying attention to them when I play guitar over the phone but I pay complete attention.

Probably because that it a really stupid and disrespectful thing to to. If you're going to talk to someone on the phone, talk, don't play guitar.
they encourage me to go into a career involving music, even my dad is finally. Life's pretty great right now.
Well I play bass more and they think I can play anything. So one of my pianist friends will be like "I transposed [insert song]... do you think we can cover it?"

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
they get pissed off and jelous when i'm at there place and there all playing guitar hero and i pull out a real guitar and play the solo along with them:P
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
Quote by timzee117

but i do play guitar over the phone and my girflriend is like your not even listening are you and of course i say "what?"

lies! "what" is a male's way of saying "ofcourse im paying attention, everything you say is soooo interesting"
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

after i started playing, most of my friends heard me play , and then gave up
Aye, when girls know that I play, I usually get a lot more attention, and it usually gets interest, but its' not my whole life. Sure, so in bands I take it seriously enough to not let anyone down as much as I can, but thats all. At the end of the day, shredability is not the only key to happines.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by fly fly fly
So yeah, what do your friends like/loathe about you since you play guitar.

My friends hate it when we're talking and hanging out and I'll interrupt someone to tell them that I'm going to go play guitar. then I ditch them.

You ditch your friends to play guitar? That's not very kind to your friends..

My friends have known I play guitar pretty much since I met them, but it's never been a factor in whether or not we've been friends, if that makes sense.
Most of my really good friends have taken it up as well actually. A few play other instruments too so we all jam together loads, it's great
My other friends mostly aren't into rock and roll so much, but they still think it's cool whenever they hear me or another of my friends and they generally come along to see us if we play anywhere.
Whenever there is a discussion about guitars (or guitar hero) my friends always point out that I can play guitar.. "amazingly"
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volleyed and thundered;

.. THE TROOPER!!
The ones who aren't musicians think it's either cool or are indifferent and the ones who are usually are pissed off because I'm usually better than them. Especially the friends that play different instruments. I know a bassist who doesn't like the fact that I can play bass better than him.
i play 24/7 even when im taking a dump , it pisses them off .. some dont care that i play and some r wiggers so they dont know anything about guitar and others r just jealous
i hate when I meet new people and my friends are all "hes so awesome at guitar, he can play anything" Its just awkward. Plus I like to show girls in person, it was a harder impact, then explaining in words that you are good.
Some of my friends pretend to think that it's cool or something...Most of them don't seem to really care. And, of course, it has not helped me score with the ladies....at all...
My friends have no problem with it.

Last night a friend of mine hooked up his rock band drums and mic to Garageband and asked me to bring my guitar over to see if we could make anything listenable.
Quote by The Spoon
"Oh you play guitar? Thats cool"

Thats what they're like

which basically means "lolZ I beT He CaNT PlAy GrEeN DaY"

then you show them and they are like

"Oh My GosH, HeRE TakE My VirGiniTy lOlz"
Quote by timzee117

rofl same thing, except shes not the gf. but i still play 80% attention.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by woodsballplayer

welcome to the world of Jailbait
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Most of them don't really care, and I don't see why they should either.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
they think i¡m satanic because as i started playing guitar my musical tastes had changed a lot, now as i listen mostly metal, they always call me the son of satan , but besides that nothing, they dont really care
Quote by woodsballplayer

!

Get out of my life!
They don't care if I play guitar. Except if there's another guitarist with them. Then they hate me because I start talking about guitars.
Kinda like "Fighter" from 8-bit theater, but replace "Sword" with "Guitar".
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by farcry
they encourage me to go into a career involving music, even my dad is finally. Life's pretty great right now.

my dad always screams at me to shut the hell up and stop playing PInk Floyd....
sig under construction.
probably that when we're in a group and there is a guitar around I'll start playing, that pisses them off sometimes. But they know I'm better then could be
Page 1 of 2