Hey im new to the guitar, been playing for about 3 months. i can play part of this cheapo version of smoke on water that uses like three frets.... umm..... can play small part of the Welcome to the black parade solo's.....my problem is that i come to this site and get tab's for like 6000 songs and try playing them and can only complete a couple... my question is what tabs or songs did you learn first???? Im not allowed to get lessons and am using this site to teach me. So which songs did you learn first??? like easy songs and tabs that arnt too hard to play and teach your fingers the frets and how to play. i also dont know what quarter bends and all that stuff is??? Could someone tell me what like quarterbends, whole bends, and all that is???? Thanks a million!!!!!!!
I learned a buttload of Zeppelin songs..... Umm.... Idk, what you need to really do is just learn some basic chord shapes and learn like at least one scale just so you can increase your finger dexterity

Seriously, just use the search bar....

You'll find out what bends are, that's not that important right now.
i learned New Born by MUSE, Hysteria by MUSE, wake me up when september ends by Green day, and then got onto Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera and Metallica recently
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
wild thing
all the small things
wipeout...

Stuff like that. Of course your not going to be able to play all the songs, after playing of 6 years i cant play them all, and i would be crazy to try to learn them. Limit yourself, and make sure what you can play actually sounds good, like actually listen to what sounds you are making and judge them for being nice or nasty.

Also, getting some exercises down will help a lot, so for a beginner like yourself, practice chord changes to a metronome beat.

A half bend is when you bend the string to raise it by a semitone i.e. 1 fret up. Whole bend is a tone i.e. 2 frets up. A quarter is therefore half way between 1 fret up. These are used more as expressive bends in solos rather than notes to hit.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
halo theme tune,
tear drop -massive attack
enter sandman - metallica (intro )
come as you are- nirvana,
fairtales of new york - the pouges
beat it - micheal jackson
smoke on the water - deep purple
james bond theme tune <<<<easyest thing EVER!!
i design CD covers and Band Logos.
see my website for requests and exsamples of my work
Miss Morphine Designs
seven nation army by the withe stripes was 1 of the 1st songs i learned.
along with californication, come as you are, enter sandman, for whom the bell tolls. etc..
start playing easy, 4 chords punk or pop punk... learn basic metal and hard rock songs like Paranoid (black sabbath) and smells like teen spirit (nirvana) that are pretty easy then learn more complicated songs...
Ok, cedaguol wat are the names of some punk or pop punk songs??? i dont listen to alo of punk so i dont know any.......
Hey eds1275, one of Zepp's songs: Whole Lotta Love. I just got some tabs 4 that, is that one of the ones you learned?
Rammstein songs are all really good, the first song I ever learned all the way through was Links 2,3,4

other songs that are good,
Rammstein- Feuer Frei
Deep Purple- Smoke on the Water
Rammstein- halleluja
Black sabbath- Iron man
Black sabbath - Paranoid
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Rammstein songs are all really good, the first song I ever learned all the way through was Links 2,3,4

other songs that are good,
Rammstein- Feuer Frei
Deep Purple- Smoke on the Water
Rammstein- halleluja
Black sabbath- Iron man
Black sabbath - Paranoid

sonne and du hast (sp?)

bat country and unholy confessions were my first 2 songs =\ cept the solo of course
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30