Page 1 of 2
So, this is a thread for critiquing/praising/bashing your friend's music tastes.

The majority of my friends listen to rap, techno, or pop, which for the most part are genres I'm not interested in. Being a person who is into mostly classic rock and metal (with a tiny bit of rap thrown in there, like Dead Celebrity Status), I find the music that my friends listen to to be quite boring. However, whilst driving around or chilling, a band like Deep Purple or Iron Maiden will show up on their playlists...for that reason I find their music enjoyable.

Oh yeah, and Basshunter is sweet techno I guess, one of my friends listens to a lot of that and I find it quite catchy.

So what about you people's friends?
My best friend is a music major who likes jazz. I don't mind it, so most of the time it's cool.
My girlfriend likes country, which I'm not a huge fan of but I'll tolerate a bit.
My roommate likes techno. I don't mind that much either.

Other than that, I don't really care.

-SD
My friends mostly listen to whatever's in the charts. The other day someone put some soldja *sp* boy or something on and I was like WTF is this crap?? I havn't listened to anything mainstream for around 4 years now so..
my friends have CRAPPY taste one friend listen to ONLY one type of metal (slow one chord hair metal) one friend claims to listen to metal but hes really a wigger and the rest of them r mainstream listening to rap or some emo crap ..yea it pisses me off
My friends usually listen to pretty much all the same music as me, which is most things really, with just a bit of variation. I've got a couple of mates though who have the exact same music taste as me which is cool
I don't have a reason to bash their tastes, as most of them are pretty open-minded.
But most of them don't share my passion for classical guitar

Then again, there's this one guy whose musical taste revolves around football chants.
Most of my mates like MCR..

I dont need to say anything else really, that sums my feelings up.

-screams-
Derp.
my friends listen to ****,
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
well... my friends at school all listen to mainstream music and hate metal and rock... my other friends are just like me, they listen to classic rock and 80s metal and metalcore and hardcore...
I though a lot of people in my school like metal, but I found out it's mostly:

"Lets have a breakdown!" *Chug chug chug chug!*

My friends don't have too bad of tastes, but real metal > chug chug chug

My friend showed me a song, and the whole damn thing, literally, was chugging!
Most of my friends love Jazz and funk, like me, so I enjoy it.
A good bunch of them likes Israeli rock, which I'm very fond of, so I enjoy that too.
There are a few who listens to other things, but the groups are too small to be mentioned.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
My friends listen to crap.

One friend doesn't even really like music, just a few random things
Another is an Indie nut
Another is into Indie too, but also a bit of hard rock occassionally.
Another is an Indie/Rap nut
Another is Indie again
And my GF is Indie/Emo crap.

Wow - writing that out has made me realise I have totally the wrong friends.

For the record, I like Heavy Rock/Metal.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
i have a couple of friends who listen to almost identacle stuff as me.....then there are the others..for whom it is sadly all terrible indie and rap...the only things we agree on is trance which i like for some reason
my friends listen to mainstream, i dont care its what they like.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

my friends mostly listen to rap or country music.....i only have two friends who actually listen to any metal, although my roomie is slowly learning to like it considering it's all she hears when i'm around the dorm
my...friends...all have different tastes. one's for hyphy, norte rap, and Star Wars-related rap; one's obsessed with the Donnas, which I tolerate; one's obsessed with GnR, MCR, and the Pumpkins...so I convinced her to take a gander at Bad Religion, Johnny Cash, and Opeth...I just added to her obsessions, but at least I can look her in the face; my final friend...I think the only things we both like are random rap songs, Millencolin, and the Saturday Morning Cartoons compilation.

then I have my mom and her Manitoban boyfriend for all the punk and indie.
One of my friends is an amazing guitarist, he's mostly into thrash and straight-up Metal like Lamb of God and Nevermore. Not my favourite bands but still pretty awesome.

My other best friend like Oh Sleeper and Norma Jean (XP...) and all that whiney Metal type stuff.

As far as I know my girlfriend likes Billy Talent and that's it, she won't really let me hear any of her music because she's afraid I might go on a rampage or something. (At least she doesn't like Country...)
my best friend listens to alot of the music i do, but he hates Nirvana (a band i like alot) and gives me crap for it almost on a daily basis. he also is huge into muse...i dont care for muse but they are ok
Quote by BassistGal
Most of my friends love Jazz and funk, like me, so I enjoy it.
A good bunch of them likes Israeli rock, which I'm very fond of, so I enjoy that too.
There are a few who listens to other things, but the groups are too small to be mentioned.

what's israeli rock like
Haha I have no friends!. Well i used to, then i moved. my old friends tastes were pretty normal I guess. Like if it's commercial, they like it. They alwys dissed me cuz i was listening to punk rock, and metal stuff, and they'rel ike yo, listen to some rap music, so me being the one with the most open mind, got into gangsta rap, and i was like soo into it, i had so many cd's, i started freestyling, but they still didn't listen to it cuz of swearing and stuf, so i don't really konw what they like. Right now they're into like those british indie kinda bands i guess and like rlly commericla hip hop, like chris brown or somethign you'd see on muchmusic countdowns. I have never talked to someone in real life about a metal band. Like when I was growing up, some kids knew metallica, but now, like right now, there is no one in the vicinity that I can talk to in reality about anything remotely close to metal, or punk rock. lol isn't that weird? I only got introduced to metal and punk from UG and related links on youtube lol.
One of my friends has a pretty bad taste in music, imo, he listens to Symphony X, Dragonforce, Lamb Of God, and some other power metal. Another friend listens to all Classic rock and then some actual good music, like some punk and ska and hip hop. One of my friends listens to the same as me punk, ska, emo, hip hop and indie. Some of my friends are scene kids and listen to ****ty music. Yeah, I'm not listing anymore.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
friend - tool, nirvana, aic, not my favorites

other friend - RAP and COUNTRY not the good kind of rap either, the soulja boy kind of rap.

other other friend- any random emo/ screamo band

girlfriend - brand new, straylight run, and some random acoustic - (she has the taste closest to mine)
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
^ dude, my friend dresses like Axl Rose after crashing into a Claire's. she's got a few problems.

I wish one of my friends liked Japanese pop...
Most of my friends listen to either rap, reggae, classic rock or pop music; but I do have one friend who listens to classic rock. It sucks, except for the occasional classic rock song; but for the most part its just rap and reggae. I don't like it but their my friends so I deal with it.
Quote by deaththrashcore
One of my friends is an amazing guitarist, he's mostly into thrash and straight-up Metal like Lamb of God and Nevermore. Not my favourite bands but still pretty awesome.

My other best friend like Oh Sleeper and Norma Jean (XP...) and all that whiney Metal type stuff.

As far as I know my girlfriend likes Billy Talent and that's it, she won't really let me hear any of her music because she's afraid I might go on a rampage or something. (At least she doesn't like Country...)

Lol.

Most of my friends are pretty cool. one of them like all the music I do (I supply him with all the music he listens to) My girlfriends listen to asian pop, which I dont mind, because she also listens to metal. I have another friend who's into black metal, which, for the most part I dont like, but some of it's alright. and I have another friend who's into metalcore, and only listens to one or two bands I like... but I dont like him much anyway,
Quote by f'n_wanker
friend - tool, nirvana, aic, not my favorites

other friend - RAP and COUNTRY not the good kind of rap either, the soulja boy kind of rap.

other other friend- any random emo/ screamo band

girlfriend - brand new, straylight run, and some random acoustic - (she has the taste closest to mine)

I are f'n_wanker's girlfriend.

Hmm..
'Friend' 1: country, crappy nickelback-esque stuff, all in all, she has the ****tiest music taste ever
Friend 2: She and i have close music tastes, acoustic/indie-esque stuff
Friend 3: Pretty much mainstream pop punk
Boyfriend: Various, he likes good music...then he likes not so good music, too...
most of them listen reaggeton and salsa, my bests friends listen rock and punk, i'm the only one who listen metal
I usually avoid conversation involving music with my friends, except perhaps one. She's mostly into My chemical romance, fallout boy and the like but sometimes she listens to alright stuff. I don't actually think they realise the kind of music I listen to, at all.
Well i was playing the intro to Little Wing and my friend thought it was fall out boy...yeah
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
"Hardcore" (metalcore) and mainstream crap, and the metalheads here are fake, they say they listen to really heavy stuff and what's in their iPod? Green Day (new stuff), Simple Plan, Mindless Self Indulgence and all that, what's in my ZUNE? Carcass, SYL, Nevermore, Opeth, Paul Gilbert and CoB, start to get the picture here?
All my Argentinian friends, Reggae, pop, and mainstream rock.
All my Israeli friends, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, Heavy Metal, Power Metal.
I have a female friend that listens to blues, which turns her into pure raw win.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Got one friend who listens to country and rap, another who likes everything from bluegrass to death metal, another who listens to pop punk and metalcore, another who listens to some metalcore with a healthy amount of folk metal and melodic death metal, another who solely listens to classic rock, etc. etc.

I myself listen to mostly metal.
Most of my friends listen to false metal I try to convert them, but they are stuck in the mainstream.

Except my one friend who listens to purely house.
I play bass and the other 4 guitarists usually play their acoustics. Two of them like the "old" country music like Hank Sr., twangy stuff. I pluck along but it does get boring. I don't mind the stuff like Hank Jr., Haggard, Waylon...that's pretty good stuff. I'm not much on the new country. I do like the southern rock and especially classic rock but the acoustics don't cut some of it...well most of it. Two of the guys have cool electrics, a Strat and the other a Les Paul. When we get together I have to admit I like it much better. More of the classic rock and more volume! I don't really bitch about playing the old country as long as I'm playing something, but I do prefer the rock.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
Page 1 of 2