Page 1 of 2
I was browsing the Musician's Friend website and noticed the new Epiphone prophecy series. I opened up the link to one and the features look great.

- Satin finished necks
- Maple tops
-Strap Locks !
- Locktone bridge
- Coil tapping, name brand PUs (Either Dirty Fingers or EMGs)
- Grover tuners

And they're all in the 600-700 range.

Could Epiphone finally be going out on it's own a little more? I would love to see them make something other than cheap carbon-copies of everything Gibson.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
well in the begging, epiphone made their own guitars and still do, e.g. not "cheap carbon copies of everything gibson"
but by the sound of the prophecy series they are making a comeback
Maybe theyre getting good, or maybe its just that Gibson quality control is still really ****ty. OR, maybe they finally realized some cost effective strategies. Everyone likes satin necks, and how much could it possibly cost to put that feature on a series of guitars? not much at all. And Grovers arent that expensive, and they make the guitar look great on paper.
Quote by 666hamish666
well in the begging, epiphone made their own guitars and still do, e.g. not "cheap carbon copies of everything gibson"
but by the sound of the prophecy series they are making a comeback

+1

Epiphone was just a simple greek instruments company, and they started being rivals of gibson. Gibson bought them. But they have their own instruments, take a look at the the sheraton.
look i just bought a epi les pual standard and it's seriously well made, its not even scratched n im really clumsy and it sounds incredible (even thoguh i prefer strats). i compared it with a gibson version of the same guitar ( coz i wanted to see if it was just a cheap copy) and there was littly difference. there were some different materials used in the body but what do you expect for £300 insted of £2000
what does everyone think about the epiphone les paul ultra IIs?
Quote by TechnicolorType
"-Strap Locks !"

Lol.. they don't cost alot to put on any regular guitar..

Yeah, but how many guitars do you know of that have them standard?

Edit: The exclamation mark was a typo, it was meant to go after the pickups

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by lp_dude_2
dude i want this one!

Holy hell, me too!

I wish they had an Explorer with the Dirty Fingers though.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
WHAT ABOUT THE epiphone les paul ultra II? what do we think about that guitar?!?!
Quote by lp_dude_2
dude i want this one!

Now that's a sexy guitar! I don't usually go for any non LP styles but I do like this a lot
Quote by dudetheman
Holy hell, me too!

I wish they had an Explorer with the Dirty Fingers though.

ewww

sorry i just hate the way that last bit of body looks just above the neck pickup and continues on to were the body stops...bad explanation i know

secret edit: dont talk to the guy asking about les paul ultra 2 or something it might get funny
Quote by 666hamish666
secret edit: dont talk to the guy asking about les paul ultra 2 or something it might get funny

Done.

I've always though Epiphones were good, just not the lower end ones.
Quote by 666hamish666
ewww

sorry i just hate the way that last bit of body looks just above the neck pickup and continues on to were the body stops...bad explanation i know

that's probably for better fret access.

(looks like a metal-suited guitar)

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by _BucketHead_
That's the nicest looking SG i've ever seen

The one with dirty fingers is even sexier!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by Rum Monkey
I also think squier have stepped up there game big time. I well like there new guitars.

Amen to that.

I played their new Vintage Modified Strat in a music store the other day and it was a great little guitar.

Quote by Micsunderland3
Holy crap those are nice guitars. Ive never seen them before, are they in stores?

Not yet, but I think you can pre-order them from Musicians Friend.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
@ dudetheman

I still like the dark one better. That gold hardware on red doesn't look so hot and the covered pickups on the other one look killer.

The LP Prophecy looks like it has horrible fret access, though, and doesn't look as stunning as the other prophecies.

I'm very intrested in the explorer.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Andrusho
+1

Epiphone was just a simple greek instruments company, and they started being rivals of gibson. Gibson bought them. But they have their own instruments, take a look at the the sheraton.

+1 I tried a sheraton in a store, and it sounded amazing. I really think epiphone is starting to get the hang of this whole electric guitar business again, but gibson is getting really cocky when it comes to making guitars.
i usually love explorer shapes...but that one seems like it got screwed up on accident or something...other than that though, it's not bad
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by hitl

it is available in left hand too

WIN!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Personally i think the new epiphones are trieing to compete against ESP LTD.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
would 2 dirty fingers really sound that good? i know they sound nice in the bridge, but in the neck also?
i would think a little variety, but they do look nice.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by Whiskky
The LP Prophecy looks like it has horrible fret access, though, and doesn't look as stunning as the other prophecies.

+1

The neck joint may be at the 17th fret, but the neck looks like it starts getting thicker around the 13th. It looks like you would need some huge hands to even get a chance to make use of those extra upper frets.
my dot is saweet
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Quote by Icarus Lives
That really reminds me of a Xenomorph (google image it if you're not cool enough to know what it is).

Quartz chrystallized in granite?

Really, I think you should look it up, because there's no way in heck that looks remotely like the xenomorph you're probably thinking of.
"The xenomorph is a member of the fictional parasitoid extraterrestrial species that is the primary antagonist of the Alien film series"
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Quote by gruenburger
"The xenomorph is a member of the fictional parasitoid extraterrestrial species that is the primary antagonist of the Alien film series"

Ha! You pasted that from Wikipedia, you newb... I guess Icarus will now consider you "not cool enough".
Page 1 of 2