Page 1 of 4
It's natural selection, that species of dolphin must've been pretty lame.
And...? Animals have been going extinct for a while now. Like those dinosaur folk, who are to interfere? God and Jesus and all that jazz.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
I have to be honest, i dont really care.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Extinction is a natural process that drives evolution

/thread

but I dont believe that human driven extinction is a natural process, its our fault and we could fix it if we wanted to, but we wont why? because we dont care.
Quote by freedoms_stain

/thread

my thoughts exactly...those animals are not able to adapt...so they die...thus leaving the one who can adapt to live...granted we do have a major hand in killing them off...

but something will happen that will kill us off eventually. thus letting a new animal come to power.
Quote by freedoms_stain

/thread

yes but not when somebody has to do something with it.. I mean if it's up to nature for a certain species to extinct then ok, no problems there but when those species get extinct because we think it's fun to fish out dolphins, slit their throats and watch them die, ha ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Chobes
It's natural selection, that species of dolphin must've been pretty lame.

yup +1000
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by Eric 666
we could fix it if we wanted to, but we wont why? because we dont care.

**** yeah!

Quote by Blue145
Stupid Dolphins, not being able to adapt to pollution.

Yeah if evolution really existed they could have evolutionised into better dolphins that didn't die!
Since when did it become the top of the food chains responsibility to protect dying animals?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
Since when did it become the top of the food chains responsibility to protect dying animals?

Because we humans are also animals and we protect the ones we love right? So some people love animals and want to protect them, as simple as that.
Quote by Quantonyne
my thoughts exactly...those animals are not able to adapt...so they die...thus leaving the one who can adapt to live...granted we do have a major hand in killing them off...

The last point is crucial. This is not the sort of evolution that takes millions of years and is a product of different species fighting for existence. It's just man kills animal.
Though I know that this is highly dangerous and could lead to an ecological disaster, I know that I'll be dead by the time earth starts to get really f*cked up because of this. So I cannot be bothered to do anything against it.
It was Communist anyways.

EDIT: Seriously, you guys? This isn't what I picture when someone says 'dolphin.'

My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Quantonyne

but something will happen that will kill us off eventually. thus letting a new animal come to power.

Thats like saying, Ok we will dropped nukes everywhere and whichever animal is not able to adapt will die.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Necrolust
yes but not when somebody has to do something with it.. I mean if it's up to nature for a certain species to extinct then ok, no problems there but when those species get extinct because we think it's fun to fish out dolphins, slit their throats and watch them die, ha ?

So when another species wipes out a competitor, it's natural, but when Humans do it, it's evil?
I love the anthropocentrism inherent in misanthropy.

Nature isn't a sapient being. It isn't deciding anything, and it's most certainly not looking out for you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
So when another species wipes out a competitor, it's natural, but when Humans do it, it's evil?

Still you cannot deny the dangers of it, can you?
Quote by SOADrox429
It was Communist anyways.

EDIT: Seriously, you guys? This isn't what I picture when someone says 'dolphin.'

I agree they looked deformed and ****.
Quote by Archeo Avis

It's another thing when animals kill animals, they want to eat, it's natural, it's been like this all the time, but when we humans do it for fun it's not cool..

I mean, look at that "Sport" in Antarctica where certain people grab clubs and go hunting for baby seals, they smash their heads and then they leave them to rot, I mean, I'm not PETA nor do I give a **** about animals but dude, you gotta understand when something is simply wrong.
I mean, the fish out dolphins, put them on the streets and slice their throats letting them bathe in their own blood and then they get their fat and dispose of the meat etc.

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue, I don't give a **** about dolphins, monkeys, fish, I just don't want people to be like, Oh, k, we killed the dolphins lets go kill the monkeys now.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by TheQuailman

I believe that rights are a product of metacognition, and that nature exists for our convenience. I believe in conservation for the sole reason that it benefits Humanity to have a planet that remains habitable. If this species' extinction harms the ecosystem in a way that affects us, it's terrible. If not, I honestly couldn't care less.

I mean, look at that "Sport" in Antarctica where certain people grab clubs and go hunting for baby seals

Yes. Antarctica, with no permanent human population, has a huge problem with baby seal hunting. You might need to travel a bit farther north...
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by Eric 666
but I dont believe that human driven extinction is a natural process, its our fault and we could fix it if we wanted to, but we wont why? because we dont care.

Not to bitch or say you're totaly wrong...but are you implying that humans aren't part of nature?

I agree that extinction is part of eveolution. It's been happening long before humans got here.
And I couln't care less about a species of dolphins going extinct. Now if you say there's only eleven chicken left in the world...
Quote by TheQuailman

Sure, it's dangerous, but it will get rid of weaker species who can not adapt to the absence of whatever species has been wiped out already.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by Eric 666
Because we humans are also animals and we protect the ones we love right? So some people love animals and want to protect them, as simple as that.

Well that's within the same species. When is the last time you saw a wild lion protecting a bunch of antelopes?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by SOADrox429
Sure, it's dangerous, but it will get rid of weaker species who can not adapt to the absence of whatever species has been wiped out already.

I'm an anthropocentrist, but...what are you smoking? And where can I get some?
Quote by Eric 666

To you and everyone else who shares your opinion:

We're animals too.

We're smart animals who developed ways of killing loads of other animals at once so we can survive.

The dolphins (supposedly the smartest animals bar humans) didn't manage to find ways not to be fished into extinction, so they all died.

People make the mistake of thinking that because we live in houses and wear clothes we're not part of nature. But we are.

Life is one continuous arms race.

Humans just pwn everything else.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I'm an anthropocentrist, but...what are you smoking? And where can I get some?

It is true. If a species can not adapt, then it clearly should no longer be in the world.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
I doubt anyone besides for scientists knew what these dolphins were anyways. This doesn't really affect us in any way.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by SOADrox429
It is true. If a species can not adapt, then it clearly should no longer be in the world.

You don't really "get" natural selection, do you?
Just...get out of the thread...please.
Quote by Eric 666

Anyone that loves, that genuinely loves an animal as much as a human can call me a bad person for not helping dolphins. They can also never speak to me.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yeah if evolution really existed they could have evolutionised into better dolphins that didn't die!

That isn't how evolution works. They don't just change during their lifetime into something else. It happens by natural selection.

The dolphins that now are extinct did not have a favorable trait that allowed them to survive. Now that they are dead, they can't pass on the trait that makes them not survive. The ones that are not extinct have a trait that allows them to survive, so they have a chance to pass it on to their offspring. Offspring that don't get the trait will die, and the ones that do will survive and pass it on. This repeats until the bad trait doesn't exist.

That's how evolution works. Natural selection. They don't evolve like a Pokemon or something.
30,000 species will become extinct this year. Mankind has sped evolution up as much by as much as 10,000 times.

Think before you act, think before you consume.
Page 1 of 4