Page 1 of 2
Hi UG!

I come with a huge problem - procrastination. I can never ever motivate myself to do homework. I end up doing it like a day before the deadline, and it's usually more than one piece simply rushed. The strange thing is, I can easily get myself to revise for an exam, which will not get in trouble for not doing, but with homework, I just get distracted by completely meaningless crap and usually have absolutely nothing better to do. I think it's partly to do with the fact that my expectations of the difficulty of year 10 and GCSEs were way higher - it is so much easier than I thought it would be...

Has anyone else been in my position? How did you overcome it? Please guys, help!

Michal
i'll get back to you on that
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I had these bastards bragging about their amazing test scores. They were talking down to me, and I was below them. So I made sure I would be beat these bastards so I could patronise them, and be the best I could be. Oh, and doing work the night before cost me dear. My printer ink always seems to die at that time.
Yeah so, I used to do it and the solution is really simple! All you have to do is
I procrastinate a lot. funny story! one time i
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
I'm supposed to be creating a computer program for my C++ class, and i'm also supposed to be writing a research paper.

I didn't overcome it, and neither will you.

Have a nice day.
I procrastinate a lot aswell.

I have maths homework in for tomorrow, and history for the day after. I'm gonna do the maths at about 8 tonight, and the history tomorrow.
Quote by michal23
Hi UG!

I come with a huge problem - procrastination. I can never ever motivate myself to do homework. I end up doing it like a day before the deadline, and it's usually more than one piece simply rushed. The strange thing is, I can easily get myself to revise for an exam, which will not get in trouble for not doing, but with homework, I just get distracted by completely meaningless crap and usually have absolutely nothing better to do. I think it's partly to do with the fact that my expectations of the difficulty of year 10 and GCSEs were way higher - it is so much easier than I thought it would be...

Has anyone else been in my position? How did you overcome it? Please guys, help!

Michal

I'm procrastinating right now. I have a lot of coursework due in last week, but instead, I'm browsing The Pit.

One of these days, I'll have to like, disable the internet for a bit so I have no distractions to work :/
Lol procrastinate has always sounded like a such a dirty word to me x] *Giggles*

But yer we all do it. I really should start my French homework due tomorrow =/
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Me too, man. I'm sucking at Uni right now, cause I procratinate. Let's stop. Together.

24/2/08 no more procrastinating.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Me too, man. I'm sucking at Uni right now, cause I procratinate. Let's stop. Together.

24/2/08 no more procrastinating.

Make it 25/2/08?
'kay.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Yeah....I kind of have about 5 different assignments due in the next two days, plus an mid term exam tommorow. Look where I am...
I'm worse than you.
I've done work 10 minutes before it was due. We had a project where we had to come up with our own country. Mine was called Land O' Lakes, and it's national symbols were butter and toast. I got 5 points off because I didn't color it.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
You're 14 or 15, if you think year 10 is hard 'you ain't seen nothing yet'
Quote by _Tim_
You're 14 or 15, if you think year 10 is hard 'you ain't seen nothing yet'

I thought it was in year 9, I think it's well easy now. I think that's what has taken a lot of my motivation away xD.
I'll tell you what to do later...
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by michal23
*views blog instead of continuing with completely pointless English homework*

Damn, as I went to click it I had a huge foot spasm and fell off my chair. Maybe Godis trying to tell me something?

I think that he wants you to continue your English homework. Though he doesn't know how to work. I would have disconnected your internet instead. What a n00b.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I have 3 tests tomorrow, an Algebra 2 test, Spanish (really easy so I won't really need to study for it), and a Bio test, and I haven't studied for any of them yet, and I procrastinate on my hw almost all the time...
10th grade..dude you dont even need to study for the kinda work you get..wait till you get to college...But I would suggest studying maybe an hour or so a day, depending on what your working on. just set aside a certain amount of time, turn some music on and hit the books...
That's why i hate when teachers give long ass projects. Like, you have two months to do a 10 page essay on this, while providing pictures and a slideshow on that, etc. etc.

With homework, it's simple, wait til 10:00, spend 10 minutes doing ****ty work and viola, done! With projects it's like, wait til the last day, and by that point, I'm fcked.

Worst part is, I know I have a project coming up soon too. Going to be fun until the day it's due.
I have a project due Wednesday worth 10% of my final mark that I havent started yet. I'm starting tomorrow because I have other stuff due tomorrow.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Lets make that the 25th, I cba right now.

It's my birthday on the 25th... 26th?

I have an english and history essay and maths homework. It's not getting done
For some reason, I can only do things I really want to do.

I know I'll be all satisfied if I get the work out of the way; but I just can't get myself to do it
three things about procrastination:
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Procrastination is like masturbation; it feels good until you realize you are ****ing yourself.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Two speaking tests in French tomorrow, an English essay for tomorrow, another english essay for thursday, 2 sheets of past-paper questions for maths for Wednesday, a double-sided sheet of physics for Thursday, History Enquiry Skills questions for Thursday.... I should get started....

But I just bought a new bass
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Last edited by Insanity^2 at Feb 24, 2008,
Page 1 of 2